Minutes of April 12, 2005 meeting
- Paul Cabelli [Chair], Suzanne Posluszny [Recorder], Stephanie Bartz, Bob Hosh, Elizabeth Leister, Gracemary Smulewitz, Connie Swanzer, Melody Tomaszewicz, Diane Walker
- Ellen Calhoun
- Introduce Connie Swanzer (PC)
- Review and approve previous meeting minutes (BH)
- Review Serials-Within-A Series document (BH)
- Discuss when to request cataloging for electronic only titles (SB)
- Update on Serial Set binding (PC)
- Review of U.S. Depository Receipt and Processing (everyone)
- Group welcomed Connie Swanzer.
- Minutes of the previous meeting were reviewed and approved with changes.
- Group reviewed and approved Serials-Within-A-Series document with changes. Questions of bound-with holdings will be brought to TSCWG.
- Stephanie addressed the question of cataloging for electronic only titles where no Marcive records have been received. She suggested contacting Jim Noel for an answer to this problem. Elizabeth mentioned priority electronic titles with no Marcive record can be sent to Serial cataloging.
- Paul discussed the topic of Serial Sets of Congressional Sessions preprints and annuals and the workflow involved at ALEX.
- Group reviewed and updated procedures of U.S. Depository Receipt and Processing. Will continue to update procedures starting with Receiving and processing shipments (LSM).
- Priority titles can be sent for Serial cataloging if no Marcive record is received
- Questions on bound-with holdings in Serial-Within-A-Series will be bought to TSCWG
- BH will update the meeting minutes of Feb. 8, 2005
- BH will update the Serial-Within-A-Series document and have YD posted it on the Gov Doc Processing website
- SB will ask Jim Noel when we can expect electronic records for Marcive items
- Core group will meet on Serial Sets at ALEX
- PC will ask YD to update the U.S. Depository Receipt and Processing procedures updated so far on the Gov Doc Processing website
- Continuation of updating the U.S. Depository Receipt and Processing procedures
Next meeting: May 10, 2005: Alexander Library Time: 10:00 a.m.
Next recorder: Gracemary Smulewitz
Back up recorder: Connie Swanzer