Minutes of July 12, 2005 meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (Recorder), Paul Cabelli (Acting Chair), Ellen Calhoun, Bob Hosh, Elizabeth Leister, Connie Swanzer, Diane Walker
- Suzanne Posluszny, Gracemary Smulewitz
- Review and approve June 14, 2005 meeting minutes
- Review procedures for handling transmittals
- Continue review of procedure for “Receipt and Processing of Regular U.S. Depository Shipments”
- Continue review of “U.S. Depository Claiming Procedures”
- Resolve charge to missing and in-process MARCIVE procedure questions
- Review “Accompanying Material – A Proposal for RUL Standards”
- The minutes of the June 14, 2005 meeting were reviewed and corrected. P. Cabelli will forward the minutes to G. Smulewitz for a final review before posting.
- The process for handling transmittals needs to be reviewed and written into a standard procedure. P. Cabelli, B. Hosh, C. Swanzer, and D. Walker will meet to gather existing documentation, identify types of transmittals, determine current procedures, and draft a new standardized procedure that will be brought back to the group for review.
- The procedure for “Receipt and Processing of Regular U.S. Depository Shipments” was reviewed briefly. The discussion was tabled due to the ongoing discussion concerning whether to process LSM materials at Alexander. Once that issue has been resolved, updated procedures will be written.
- “U.S. Depository Claiming Procedures” were reviewed and revised. P. Cabelli will make the corrections and have the document updated online.
- Since IN-PROCESS is intended to indicate that the material is physically available somewhere in the libraries, “bound with” materials that are being sent to TAS for cataloging fit the IN-PROCESS category. The Home Location for “bound withs” being sent for cataloging will be changed to IN-PROCESS before they’re sent to TAS. This can be extended to apply to all materials that have existing IRIS records when the actual physical item is being sent to TAS.
- The Home Location for “bound withs” being sent for cataloging will be changed to IN-PROCESS before they’re sent to TAS.
- PC – Revise and post minutes from June 14, 2005 meeting.
- PC/CS/BH/DW – Draft documentation for handling transmittals.
- PC – Revise and post “U.S. Depository Claiming Procedures.”
- Contact Dana about their representation in the Processing Group.
- Decide on location for processing LSM depository materials and revise procedure for “Receipt and Processing of Regular U.S. Depository Shipments” accordingly.
- Resolve charge to missing MARCIVE procedure question.
- Review “Accompanying Material – A Proposal for RUL Standards.”
Next meeting, August 9, 2005, 10:00 a.m., Library of Science & Medicine
Next recorder: Ellen Calhoun [Backup recorder: Bob Hosh]