Minutes of June 14, 2005 meeting
- S. Bartz; P. Cabelli (Acting Chair; co-recorder); E. Calhoun; R. Hosh; E. Leister; S. Posluszny; G. Smulewitz, D.Walker (co-recorder)
- C. Swanzer
- Review and approve previous meeting minutes
- Charge to Missing" MARCIVE procedure question (BH,EC)
- Continue our review of US Depository Processing
- Minutes of the previous meeting were briefly discussed, and suggested revisions will be given to the recorder.
- Charge to Missing MARCIVE procedure question (BH,EC) – A discussion ensued regarding how and when the unit staff is using the ‘shadowed’ and ‘missing’ designation for MARCIVE material still not found after a power search. Various options were put forth for dealing with these temporary situations, including leaving the date cataloged as NEVER, leaving some items as DOCUS-PENDING, adding a staff note, etc. B. Hosh agreed to look into this matter, explore possible solutions, and report back to the group. Once a decision is made, the MON-NEW and SER-NEW processing procedures will be revised accordingly.
- Continue our review of US Depository Processing – this topic was shelved until the next meeting
- MARCIVE load Bound-With processing - staff members wanted to know if it was necessary, and if so how, to indicate on the holdings record that a possible bound-with volume was being sent to DBM for cat treatment. These types of volumes might contain a mixture of MARCIVE, IRIS, and uncataloged monographs and serial titles. It was suggested that editing the MARCIVE DOCUS-PENDING item to In-Process was one way of indicating that the volume was no longer at Collection Services, and was on its way to TSB. However, since it wasn’t clear who uses In-Process and under what conditions in RUL, it was decided to bring this item up for discussion at the next TSCWG – Holdings meeting. In the interim, bound-with material would continue to be sent to DBM as usual.
- Transmittals – it was decided that the unit staff needed to formalize the procedure for processing transmittals.
- Dana teleconferencing – It was decided to include the Documents Processing staff member in the gov docs meetings. G. Smulewitz agreed to look into this matter.
- Until otherwise directed, ‘Bound-with’ MARCIVE material will continue to be sent to DBM without any change in holdings location
- B. Hosh will investigate shadowed and missing alternative procedures for MARCIVE load material
- G. Smulewitz will contact the documents librarian at DANA about future representation in this group
- Unit processing staff will write up transmittal processing procedures
- Continuation of review of US Depository processing procedures.
Next meeting: July 12 at Alexander Library
Time: 10:00 am
Next recorder: Stephanie Bartz
Back up recorder: Ellen Calhoun