STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of April 10, 2007 meeting

Present:
Stephanie Bartz, Paul Cabelli, Ellen Calhoun, Bob Hosh (Chair), Andrea Lakios, Natascha Owens, Wen-Hua Ren, Gracemary Smulewitz, Neera Sondhi (recorder), Sal Cardinale (guest), Diane Walker.
Absent:
Elsa Alves, Colin Liebtag, Elizabeth Leister

Agenda

  1. Review of the minutes of the March 13, 2007 meeting.
  2. Discussion of record and holdings for title: Hazardous substance fact sheet.
  3. Review of the new revised MARCIVE statistics worksheets. (Neera)
  4. A general review of document processing procedures of monographs, serials, non-depository documents to determine what procedures need changes or revisions.

Minutes

  1. Review of minutes of the March 13, 2007 meeting.
    • The minutes of the March 13, 2007 meeting were reviewed and approved with a minor correction, when updated Natascha will send them to Yasu for posting on the web page.
  2. Discussion of record and holdings for title: Hazardous substance fact sheet.
    • Wen requested for a generic item line to be added to the record to be consistent with Alexander library.
    • The record has a 930 for Kilmer library. Natascha will follow up with Yuhwei, if Kilmer library has any holdings, a marc holdings statement will be created.
  3. Review of the new revised MARCIVE statistics worksheets. (Neera)
    • Neera presented the revised stats sheet created. The group came up with a couple of suggestions on improving the sheet. Column one (LIST name) will be deleted and a new column (STATUS) will be added to the very end of the stats page. This will help in determining if the list is complete or pending.
    • TNeera will update the stats sheet and will add it to the LSM T-Drive, in MARCIVE Folder called MARCIVE STATS. Neera will also notify the group when she is done, and Natascha will add the Alexander marcive stats to this folder.
    • TWhen the marcive processing group sends requests to Roman for any monograph marcive titles, they will not mark the list as complete or have it removed unless they hear from Roman that it was done.
    • TBob will ask Yasu to remove the Monthly Statistics Folder Coversheets for Alex and LSM from the Government Documents Processing page on the web.
  4. A general review of document processing procedures of monographs, serials, non-depository documents to determine what procedures need changes or revisions.
    • The group started on revising the serial processing procedures. The workflow has changed on how we process the lists, Ellen will make the changes on the first section of the procedures and send them to Bob.
    • TBob, Natascha, Neera, Diane, Gracemary and Andrea will plan on meeting another day to revise the rest of the procedures and make the changes and adjustments as needed. It will be addressed in further meetings.
    • TStephanie Bartz had questions with the 4 year pending lists, due to the backlog we were hoping to have most of the records found and completed to mark as done.

Assignments

  1. Neera will update the marcive stats page and add it to the T-Drive and notify the group when done.
  2. Bob, Neera, Natascha, Diane, Andrea and Gracemary will meet to review the procedures for marcive serials and monographs processing. Bob will fix a date for all to meet.

Pending

  1. Review of document processing procedures of monographs, serials, non-depository documents.

Next meeting: June 12: Alexander library /Pane Room
Time: 10:00am
Next recorder: Elizabeth Leister
Back up recorder: Diane Walker



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/gov_docs_processing/minutes/gov_docs_processing_07-04-10.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)