Minutes of July 25, 2002 meeting
- Suzanne Posluszny, Melody Tomaszewicz, Susan Brower, Bob Hosh, Christopher Lee, Sal Cardinale, Andrew Ruggiero, Paul Cabelli,
Clothilde Twagirmaiya, Jamie Maguire, Christopher Lee(recorder)
- Discussion of statistics
- Review of 866 creation/ discussion of problems/questions about 866's
- X-holdings codes usage
- Months and year pattern used in controls
- Recalled volumes
- Review of Iris ceased and cancelled title procedures
- Review of Unit Processing Form
- Future meetings - A regular meeting has been scheduled as the third Thursday of each month alternating location
between LSM and Alex. The next meeting will be August 15th at LSM.
- Douglass project - Megan O’Malley will be leaving and her replacement has been hired.
- History Project - Items were pulled that have no bibliographic records. These items are being cataloged primarily by
an outside company called Marcadia. The Items are being sent to Marcadia from DBM. Collection services are creating
extended brief records for items that contain some bibliographic data in order to provide library users with the most
information about the items and allow the items to remain on the shelf.
Paul Cabelli lead the group in a lengthy discussion on statistics for both ARL and Non ARL statistics. Handouts of both
forms were distributed by Susan Brower. The ARL statistic form seemed to go rather quickly with little debate. The group
in general seemed to agree that section I. B could use an update to include a section for Cd-roms. There was also talk
that the form may be getting updated shortly.
The discussion of the non – ARL form allowed for more flexibility in regard to what gets kept and what doesn’t need to
be kept any more. In the section marked (Record Updates - Bibliographic – other) some people may prefer to other as
problems on their own forms.
In order to conclude the meeting after reviewing the Non ARL several members of the group agreed to meet for further
discussion of the statistics.
- 930’s have been struck and are now written as an 866.
- Copy Corrections statistics have been struck and are no longer going to be kept.
- Transfers (vols.) have also been struck.
Next the group reviewed a complex record with several 866’s. This document was provided by ?.
Completion of this ended the meeting.