STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of February 19, 2004 meeting

Present:
Susan Brower, Stacey DeMatteo Melody Tomaszewicz, Neera Sondhi [chair & recorder]

Agenda

  1. Miscellaneous Item/Copy Standards
  2. Serials Inventory projects ALEX/LSM
  3. LSM weeding project
  4. Other weedings
  5. Deleting Comments line

Meeting was called to order at 10:15 am

1. The group went over the Miscellaneous Item/Copy Standards and came up with some other standards for Vol. and No, Series, New Series, etc. Melody will update the standards sheet.

2. Linda Zuckerman a new skills student is the new mentor for the serials statistics. Currently she is working with the music journals. Paul and Julie are the mentors for the procedures. Only the current ones with control record will be updated.

3. LSM weeding project is huge, approximately 36,000 titles. Currently Bob Golon is working on this project, he will be replaced by Amy another skills student at LSM. Kayla, Paul, Melody, Sal, Ian and Gracemary will be discussing the workflow of this project. Since there are not as many items being received due to a lot of cancellations, there may be some help available from the receivers at LSM for this weeding project.

4. Ian sent out a description of damaged book category to Melody. This will help us in determining what kind of damaged books can be sent to Annex, and offered to other libraries. Anything, which is a rare item, will be accepted by the Annex, regardless of their condition as long as they are shelf ready.

5. Other weedings include Kilmer and Alex. Melody will contact Camden and Dana for their response to an earlier offering. Stacey informed the group regarding Math Library weeding. Approximately 1000 titles have been sent directly to Annex, Andy Martinez has been updating the records and changing the location. Annex is also receiving material from Camden and Alex.

6. In the new release of Sirsi the staff notes can be deleted by highlighting and hitting the star or delete button.

Assignments

  1. Melody will update the Miscellaneous Item/Copy Standards
  2. Melody will inform the Holdings Working Group about the creation of the Miscellaneous Item/Copy Standards

Next meeting date: March 18, 2004
Location: Alex
Time: 10:00 am

Next recorders: Melody Tomaszewicz
Backup recorder: Susan Brower



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/holdings/minutes/holdings_04-02-19.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)