Minutes of January 20, 2005 meeting
- Susan Brower, Ingrid Diaz, Stacy DeMatteo, Neera Sondhi (chair) & (recorder), Connie Swanzer, Melody Tomaszewicz & Linda Zuckerman.
- Distributed Technical Services
- Weeding Project update
1. Melody discussed with the group the functions of Distributed Technical Services, and our role and responsibilities in
the following tasks.
- Routine changes and corrections to call numbers.
- Relocating and transferring materials
- Adding items to Iris records
- Withdrawing items
- Adding brief records
- Merging records
- Last copy withdrawals
- Associated materials
- Training procedures and documentation
Weeding Project is moving along well with everyone’s help. Neera updated everyone with the progress on the weeding
project. So far for the month of January 750 books were processed. It was nice that Stacy could join us, and share her
concerns with the material being sent over to the Annex as part of the weeding project. Stacy had some concerns with
superceded editions being sent over to the Annex. We will bring this to Jill’s attention, so that she can discuss it
with the selectors.
- If an item is to be removed and is the last copy, LSM collection Services will remove the item, by charging it to Batchwith patron.
- If an item is to be removed and has multiple copies, then Stacy will remove the item.
- MT/NS will work together to update the weeding procedures.
- NS to create a cheat sheet for the weeding procedures.
- SD to send everyone a copy of the Boundwiths cheat sheet
- MT to contact moderator of the RUL Holdings Listserv, and make sure everyone in the Holdings Records Maintainence Team is added to the listserv.
Next meeting: Thursday Feb 17th: LSM 10:00 am
Next recorder: Connie Swanzer
Back up recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz