Minutes of April 20, 2005 meeting
- Neera Sondhi [Chair], Susan Brower [Recorder], Tracey Del Duca, Ingrid Diaz, Connie Swanzer, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Approval of previous minutes
- Weeding project
- Distributed Technical Services
- Round robin
1. Minutes were approved as written
2. Weeding project was discussed
- Neera distributed the new “assumptions” standards for transferring material to the Annex written by Jill Nathanson.
Jill is the librarian contact for the weed project. The textbook transfer policy has been further defined.
- Access Services staff will meet with Collection Services staff in late June to discuss the next weed phase. It will
begin in July and Jill will set the standards.
- The weed numbers are increasing. For the month of March 1757 books were processed. The goal is 1500 a month.
- Neera distributed the updated weeding project cheat sheet.
- Weed material designated for the Outreach program hasn’t been picked up for a long time. The material is overflowing.
Melody will meet with the new coordinator, Mei Ling Lo. They will discuss standards for material the Outreach program
wants to receive.
3. Distributed Technical Services
- The TSCWG Functional group has been charged with presenting to Marianne Gaunt ways of making distributed technical
services more efficient and effective thereby avoiding duplication of effort. Melody presented a draft of pathways by
which material comes to Collection Services and the tasks that are then performed. A discussion ensued. Melody will
present her draft at the next TSCWG meeting.
4. Round robin
- Ingrid brought a message from Jamie regarding the internal processing form. If material sent to processing needs to be
discharged be sure and check the “discharge if needed” line found at the bottom of the form.
- Neera reported she has a backlog of Annex review in the LSM weed project. Melody agreed to help with a truck.
- Melody reported she is working on the serial inventory project with the Math library one afternoon a week.
- Melody will set up a meeting with Myoung Ling regarding the Outreach program
- Melody will check if Special Collections is a NBL library for the LSM weed project
Next meeting: May 18, 2005: Alexander - Time: 10:00
Next recorder: Ingrid Diaz
Back up recorder: Tracey Del Duca