Minutes of June 23, 2005 meeting
- Susan Brower, Ingrid Diaz-Silva (recorder), Connie Swanzer, Melody Tomaszewicz (chair), Clotilde Twagiramariya
- Neera Sondhi
- Approval of last month's minutes
- Weeding Project
- Distributed Technical Services
- Round Robin
1. Approval of last month's minutes
2. Weeding Project
- Loss off voucher/student help for two weeks led to lower number of completed items
- Outreach project books have been picked up recently, but there is a question as to whether books should continue to be sent. Outreach guidelines dictate that older books should not be sent, and a majority of Weeding Project materials fall outside of the timeframe for accepted items. Currently there is no one in charge to decide. Books are currently being sold in-library.
- Melody will find out who to get in contact with, or who has taken over, in order to discuss the situation.
3. Distributed Technical Services
- End Processing has prepared and distributed a document of procedure standards. Holdings will prepare a similar document, detailing standards of procedures.
- Holdings team will gather all relevant documentation and send to Melody for evaluation and analysis
4. Round Robin
- Susan had a question about a record with unbarcoded items from Kilmer. Kilmer should be contacted and alerted of the problem.
- Melody compiled statistics: 2400 books processed with a 3.8% error rate. Awaiting decision on spot checking.
- Kilmer will be alerted of the problem with the record of unbarcoded items.
- Melody will find out who to get in contact with about the Oureach Project.
- Holdings team members will send all pertinent documentation regarding standards and procedures to Melody.
- Whom to contact in regards to the Outreach Project.
- Documentation for holdings standards and procedures.
- Decision on spot checking.
Next meeting: July 20th, 2005: LSM Time: 10:00am
Next recorder: Neera Sondhi
Back up recorder: Connie Swanzer