Minutes of April 20, 2006 meeting
- Susan Brower, Fatima Cunha, Addie Fuller, Jean Madden, Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi [chair], Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman [recorder]
- Discussion of 245/247 tags and implications for 852 notes
- Brief discussion of Accompanying material
- Status of projects
- Dean Meister’s agenda items
1. Minutes approved with minor changes
2. Discussion of 245/247 tags and 852 note.
Used “Renaissance News” & “Renaissance Quarterly” as an example. It was suggested:
- 863 tag should be current titles
- 866 tag should be older titles
- Separate holdings for each title
- Jamie will try the different suggestions with a title and then email everyone to get their opinion
- Group will decide which looks better and then Melody will bring it up at the next TSWG meeting.
3. Accompanying Materials
- Jamie gave a presentation to TSB
- TSB now labeling and updating records
- Camden now updating records
- Dana still working on it
- Dean said that there was a problem at the Annex where message of accompanying material not showing up
- Main piece is included in the number of accompanying material pieces. Everything gets listed. Helps students at circulation desk.
- Accompanying material coming to LSM
- Problem coming from TSB – Send to Mary Belinsky.
- Call Number should be written on CD – If not, send to Mary Belinsky.
4. Dean’s Agenda Items
- Improvement to processing of Annex materials
- Will remove Library statement from 1st staff note
- Have only 1 staff note containing Annex code information
- Jamie & Melody will take this suggestion to TSWG meeting
5. Status of Projects
- The LSM Weeding Project has 8,000 more to go. Projected finish is in August.
- Use Palm Pilot and Bar Code reader to create reports from Sirsi for Weeding project
- Doc Ref International & State Project (Monographs)
- Hired Part-Time employee to help in cataloging
- LSM Inventory project coming along
- Camden & Alex not currently working on Inventory project
- Alex weeding project coming down the line
- JM - Jamie will try the different suggestions for 245/247 tags and 852 note with a title and then email everyone to get their opinion.
- MT- Decision of 245/247 tags and 852 note to be brought to TSCWG meeting.
- MT- 1 staff note to contain Annex information to be brought to TSCWG meeting
Next meeting: 5/24/06: Kilmer Media Room Time: 10:00
Next recorder: Susan Brower
Back up recorder: Fatima Cunha