Minutes of June 16, 2006 meeting
- Susan Brower, Fatima Cunha, Sharon Favaro (guest), Addie Fuller, Jean Madden, Jamie Maguire(recorder), Virg Miller (guest), Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (chair)
- Dean Meister
- Approval of minutes
- Adding copies
- Withdrawing, including last copy withdraws
- Status of projects
1. May Minutes reviewed and approved
2. Gifts; adding a Monograph Copy to a full record
- Group Reviewed document created by Sharon Favaro. Document lists criteria for adding a monograph to a
All of the following must be an exact match:
- Title and Statement of Responsibility
- Publishing information
- Extent statement of physical description (pagination & height)
- All Foreign language publications and added volumes will be handled by the Catalog Department
- Review concluded that some updates should be made.
- Sharon mentioned that she would prefer to have the physical book sent to cataloging if there was only a brief record and if date cataloged was “NEVER”.
- A discussion on the use of NBINV ensued and how weeding and recon projects should be handled. More investigation was needed.
3. Reviewed Withdrawal Procedures including Last copy Withdrawals. Document needs to be updated; most parts were no
longer relevant to our workflow.
- LSM Weeding almost completed, exact numbers were unavailable at meeting
- Recon of Alex DOC REF Foreign and State. Contact at TAS is no longer there, need to find out if sending 10
monographs and 3 serials are still acceptable and who to send to.
Melody expressed the importance of not removing item lines with orders linked to them!!!!!!!!
- Title of Sharon’s document should include Replacements as well as Gifts. Also “added volumes” should be
clarified (i.e. multi-piece set).
- Jamie send Sharon any of the old documentation received from Ruth Brogan in regards to NBINV
- Melody send Sharon current Weeding project procedures.
- Melody updated Withdraw procedures
- Sharon update “Adding” documentation
Next meeting: July 20, 2006: Alex Heyer Room Time: 10 am
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Neera Sondhi