Minutes of July 20, 2006 meeting
- Susan Brower, Fatima Cunha, Jean Madden, Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi (recorder), Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (Chair)
- Approval of minutes
- Discussion of relocates
- Discussion of transfers (including transfers to the Annex)
- Status of projects
- Gifts and replacement copy
1. June minutes reviewed and approved
2. The group reviewed the relocates procedures, of moving an item from one location to another within the same unit library. The document with some minor changes will be updated by Melody
3. The transfers procedures of moving an item from one unit library to another unit library needs some revisions. A separate section for Annex transfers will be added. The need for a separate document for the transfer function button was expressed.
4. Status of projects:
- Dean reported that Annex is busy filling up shelving space on 177 shelves in the first floor with new books
- Susan is busy with the Doc Ref Foreign and State Project. She reports that monographs are almost complete, they send out 3 serials a week for cataloging
- East Asian Journals are being checked in as each individual issue with a barcode. The records have no serial controls.
- Kilmer Project has been put on hold for now
- Jamie reported that the Doc NJ Project was nearing completion. She also reported that Alex and Lsm have new labeling programs and it’s going well
- Melody reported that the Serials Inventory Project is moving along well. She pointed out that the star of the project is Suzanne, as she’s been doing great with working on the titles.
- Neera reported that Weeding for the month of June was very slow. She also expressed the need for the procedures to be updated.
- Jean has been busy with the weeding and Inventory of the REF Index area and updating marc holdings.
- Linda busy with Iris maintenance and marc holdings
5. Gifts and replacement copy:
- Melody to update the document created by Sharon, and present to TSCWG in September
- Melody, revise the gifts and replacements document and present at the TSCWG meeting in September for approval
- Linda send a copy of the gifts and replacement document to Jean Madden
- Melody to send brief record procedures to Linda, to be distributed to the group
- Separate documentation needed on transfer function
- Update weeding procedures
Next meeting: Thursday, Sept 21 2006
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz