Minutes of February 15, 2007 meeting
- Susan Brower [Recorder], Fatima Cunha, Jean Madden, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman [Chair]
- Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister
- Approval of minutes for January
- Discuss procedures for using new home location - LOCALMAINT
- Discussion of Withdrawals
- Status of projects being worked on
1. January minutes were approved as written
2. LOCALMAINT discussion
- Jamie has written a document for localmaint procedures that will be brought to the next TSWIG meeting for review. She will email the
document to the Holdings group before the TSWIG meeting.
- Melody updated the status of localmaint. Chris Sterback in Systems ran a report identifying all Tech Ser items. There were 1640 items
Melody asked Chris to change all the Tech Ser items that had Circ notes to localmaint. That has been done.
- Tech Ser items are only Circ on the Fly now.
- Melody will verify Tech Ser procedures at the next TSWIG meeting. Questions arose as to where the material should be sent and should it remain home and current location Tech Ser.
3. Withdrawal discussion
- The Batch Withdrawal Process document used by Systems was reviewed
- In the future DTS will be using the home location of DISCARD for most material being withdrawn. Each item being withdrawn
should have the home location changed to DISCARD. That is the way TAS withdraws item lines, and we will follow their example.
In just a few cases it will be more efficient to use other processes. If a large truck of books are given to DTS with the
selectorís decision to withdraw them it would be advantageous to just charge them to BATCHWITH. The BATCHWITH process also
addresses any issues of attached orders to the item lines, outstanding bills, or last copy removal from RULís utilities. In
the case of a multivolume set, it would make sense to delete all but one of the item lines, after checking for orders. If an
order is found, the item line that remains should be the one linked to the order. The staff member should change the home
location of that item line to DISCARD. These changes will be reflected in the withdrawal procedures.
4. Melody asked if the meetings could be changed to the second Thursday of the month. The group agreed. Linda rebooked the
rooms from March to June
5. Status of projects
- Working on 9 bins of Kilmer withdrawals and relocates
- LSM weed has completed 35,200 withdrawals. Neera and Melody are meeting next week with Access Services regarding the next
phase of the weed project
- Neera will be scheduling a training session with Physics staff for the second phase of the Serials Inventory Project
- Working on Harrassiwitz Control record update project
- Working on localmaint report with current location Stacks
- Working on Marc Holdings problems
- New 852 Serials Inventory document was approved by TSWIG. The path to locate the document is:
http://nbl/nbl_collection_services/index.asp , Holdings and Record Management, NB Distributed Technical Services, Marc
- Holdings 852 tag. There is a clickable cheat sheet as well as several other clickable items with further instructions.
- Requested Melody to send the serials inventory closed title document
- Finishing the Harrasowitz invoice project and is working on the Harrasawitz Control record update project.
1. LOCALMAINT document
Next meeting: March 8, 2007
Next recorder: Jamie Maguire
Back up recorder: Dean Meister