To date, 36,217 have been pulled, 39,796 have been processed since the project began. Original goal of 35,000 books has been
achieved. The project will now continue but at a much slower pace, about 500 books a month.
5. Update from TSCWG
- Discussed confusion about crossover work from DTS to Cataloging. DTS was sending books to Cataloging that had been entirely
withdrawn from Iris, most likely they were Lost/Long overdue or Missing items. DTS was sending them over marked as
“reinstates” which means something completely different to staff at TAS. “Reinstates” is a term used for serial subscriptions,
should not be used for re-cataloging titles that have been withdrawn.
- The Holdings group and Cataloging need to determine a set terminology for addressing these types of problems
- Andy will also stress the importance to Access service staff, about including patron record notes on the Problem tickets for
material being sent to DTS that is lost/long overdue. This way DTS staff can easily recognize the material and handle
- Susan and Melody will work on writing up a search criteria for lost/long overdue material or items not found in catalog.
- Andy will further investigate the use of LOCALMAINT, in regards to when it gets discharged and CIRCNOTES appearing.
- Melody and Susan create a Search criteria for items not found in catalog.
Next meeting: April 12, 2007
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Neera Sondhi