Minutes of September 6, 2007 meeting
- Susan Brower, Neera Sondhi, Dean Meister, Melody Tomaszewicz, Jamie Maguire, Jean Madden, Linda Zuckerman (chair & recorder)
- Fatima Cunha
- Finalize Minutes
- Discuss our role in handling items not found in the catalog
- Discuss ways to get the Serial Inventory Project moving along
- Status of projects currently being worked on.
1. Minutes Approved
2. We discussed how we would like to see items not found in catalog handled.
This is pending and still being discussed. Melody
will be meeting with Gracemary and Faye to discuss further.
- Circ on the Fly Access Services creates brief record, adds bar code and changes home-location to TechServ. Working from a list
which is run weekly. List goes to Susan. She searches title if full record found add to record and remove techserv If record
not found or only brief record found, then book stays on list then when book is returned to DTS search again - if found change
techserv to stacks if not found send book to cataloging change techserv to stacks (home-location) and change current location
to In-Process will shadow record.
- Long Overdue removed from system search and follow same procedures as Circ on the Fly
- Assumed Lost book returned Access Services will search patron records enter brief record with following tags: title,
author, library, home loc is techserv add circulation note to route to DTS same process for searching like CIRC on the FLY
remove circulation note change home loc to In-Process Send to DBM for cataloging
- Withdrawn from the system missing not in system anymore have book no record no patron record access services creates
a problem ticket bar code not assigned DTS will search if not found create a brief record and change to In-Process Send to
DBM for cataloging
- Not Ever Catalogued Search Create brief record Home-Location & Current Location should be In-Process.
- TSCWG Meeting - separate stats for these categories are not necessary
3. Virtual Bookplates
If its a gift and we find a record add it and send redbook with bookplate information to Sharon: ATT:
Virtual Bookplates Monographic Cataloging. Then give book to processing. Otherwise, if book not found, send to cataloging and
include bookplate information.
4. Serial Inventory
Have students bar code & assign title to staff
5. Count Statistics from binder to see whats complete already
6. Ongoing Projects
- J-Client everyone using macros set up by Dean
- Jacobi Project
- Students Returning to work
- Holdings Maintenance Adds/Gifts
- Bound Periodicals Withdrawn transfer to Annex
- Newark Inventory
- Processing at Alex
- Book Plates (need to train students)
Date: October 4, 2007
Place: Kilmer Media Center
Time: 10:00 AM 12:00 PM
Next recorder: Susan Brower
Back up recorder: Jamie Maguire