Minutes of May 14, 2008 meeting
- Susan Brower [Recorder], Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha (Dana), Jon Embres (Camden), Teri McNally (Camden), Jamie Maguire, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Linda Zuckerman
- Serials Inventory Project
Barcoding during Workflows down-time 5/19 - 5/21
Procedures for Serials Inventory titles with accompanying materials
- Information sharing / Updates on projects
April minutes were revised and approved
Plans for Workflows down-time
New Brunswick libraries will barcode volumes as part of the Serials Inventory project
Dana will also barcode volumes and work on LINCPlus
Camden will work on microfilm inventory project
Jon will be trained by Preservation on making minor repairs
Staff fills in at the Circulation Desk
Discussion regarding procedures for Serials Inventory titles with accompanying material was postponed. Collection
Management and End Processing will work on a procedure.
Information sharing / Updates on projects
- Susan - Working at the Art Library Tuesday and Friday afternoons on an inventory project. There are approximately 700 titles in the library that aren't barcoded. Brief records will be created for those titles.
- Jamie - Created a processing slip for material returning from remediation. Preservation will put the slip in each book being sent to DTS. The slip will contain the action taken by preservation, the authorization, date, jurisdiction and the action agent. DTS staff will add to the bibliographic record a local 583 note containing all of this information.
A procedure is being worked on regarding preservation and selectors working together making preservation decisions. It will go to TSWIG for formalization.
Working with Dana staff on LINCPlus
Working on the Jacobi project
PER to EFOLIO is almost completed
Training on a shelf slip for folio books that are shelved in stacks.
- Fatima - Is doing well with LINCPlus
- Melody - Serials Inventory is moving along. Is working on updating the Serials Inventory Procedures and will have a review session in June.
Recatalog of 552 monographic issues of Transportation Research Record to a single serial title has been completed.
547 out of 950 LSM S-theses have been transferred to the Chang Library.
- Paul - Working on PER to EFOLIO project
Met with Elizabeth Leister Serials Librarian on establishing a
work flow for the DOC recon/shift project which will involve
large runs that have to be cataloged.
- Teri - Working on microfilm inventory
Correcting unauthorized locations in Workflows
Pulling material for bindery
Reviewing titles that will be on JSTORE
Working on a lot of gift material
Reminder: Use the old priority slip for Gifts and Unit receipts being sent to Monograph Cataloging
Use the new slip for material being sent to Database Management to be revised.
Next meeting: Wednesday June 11, 2008
Location: LSM Special Collections
Time: 10:00 am
Recorder: Jamie Maguire
Back up recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz