Minutes of June 11, 2008 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha, John Embres, Jamie Maguire (recorder), Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (chair)
- Rebecca Martinez
- Terri McNally
- Item Type Change: Implications for Holdings work, entering brief records, recommendations for TECHSR and LOCALMAINT, DISCARD and item types
- SIP Progress/Serial Inventory refresher training on Friday
- Info sharing / updates on projects
Minutes approved from last month
1. Team discussed the new item types and decided to propose the following recommendations for TECHSR & LOCALMAINT
- LOCALMAINT can be typed in Item cat1 field, Circ note will indicate "Route to", and staff note will be used to indicate action needed.
- TECHSR (only for circ-on-the-fly) can be typed in Item cat1 field, and Circ note will indicate "Route to"
- These recommendations still need to be vetted in other group meetings (Item Type
Task Force and TSCWG)
- It was noted that reports needed to be run before any switch, allowing us to know what items where currently still in LOCALMAINT status.
- Questions were asked about In-process user in regards to discharging and charging, especially for Bookplates, Accompanying Material, and Bib Cat processes. Group thought it best to leave material charged to "IN-PROCESS" so as not to complicate matters with charging/discharging or disturb the "in-transit" reports run but again this has to be vetted at a larger venue.
- Group was told to no longer use DISCARD as a means of withdrawing. Due to the new item types and the charge environment items must now go back to being charged to BATCHWITH
- Access Services also inquired about setting TECHSR as the default for the item cat1 field of the "add brief title" wizard. Melody, Susan and Jamie would meet at a later date to discuss and consult with Jeff Teichmann.
2. SIP Progress/Serial Inventory refresher training
- With so much change occurring, new staff & new item types, Serials Inventorying has almost come to a standstill. Melody has reviewed and updated much of the documentation for training and has scheduled a refresher training sessions on Friday to get things back on track. Members of the Holdings Focus team have been asked to participate in the training session as well as serve as mentors.
- After the refresher, both LSM & Alex look to resume handing out already duplicate barcoded sheets for DTS staff to inventory/add holdings.
3. Info Sharing
- JM = Worked with Yasu and Vernon Lucas to create preservation slips to be used for adding 583 notes (Mold remediation). Continues to work with Fatima on LINCPlus
- FC = Continuing LINCPlus input for regular serial title binding, needs training for rebinding damaged monographs
- DM= Continues to inventory and helped out DTS with transferring some really large Alex serial titles to the Annex.
- LZ = Working on some gifts that were adds and needed virtual bookplates.
- PC= Bib Cat's part of the Alex PER-EFolio project is almost complete. Discussions of INT, FOR, State project to begin soon. And SMLR project to resume again shortly.
- All others reported business as usual or covered updates in preceding discussions.
- Melody, Susan, Jamie meet with Jeff to discuss default for "add brief title" wizard.
- Decisions on our recommendations for TECHSR & LOCALMAINT
- Decisions about charging and discharging from "In-Process" user.
Next meeting: July 9, 2008
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Neera Sondhi