Minutes of August 13, 2008 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha (Dana), Jonathan Embres (Camden), Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi (recorder), Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (Chair)
- Approval of last month's minutes.
- Batchwith vs Discard - what should we be using?
- When charging out an item to a user (such as CS-ALEX), should we just default to whatever date is supplied (such as end of semester), or should we revise time period to NEVER?
- Discussion of how the Item Type changes are impacting SIP, noncirculating items, and any other processes.
- Information sharing / Updates on projects.
1. Minutes for June and July will be reviewed at next month's meeting.
2. When withdrawing an item use the new BATCHWITH user created. By doing this systems can withdraw a number of items all at once
and in case if any orders are attached they can move them from the item. Please do not use the DISCARD function.
3. When charging out an item to a user (such as CS-ALEX), stay with the default to whatever date is supplied (such as end of
4. Melody reviewed the Item type changes document she created, with the group. She discussed how Item type changes impact holdings
when working with Serials Inventory, non circulating items, and other processes. Melody will update the document and post it on
the T-Drive--Alex coll--Item Types folder.
- Melody: Finished with the S-Thesis transfer to Chang. Working on the Item Type changes.
- Paul: Busy with Item Type changes and normal workflow.
- Jamie: Working on a workflow for the TSB backlog of thesis binding project and normal workflow.
- Susan: Finishing up with Art project (175 items created) and working on the backlog of circ-on-the-fly, normal workload.
- Linda: Gov doc project foreign to International, will pick up EAL when student help arrives. Busy with student scheduling and training in the next few weeks.
- Neera: normal workload with marcive and bib cat. Working on never and pending lists.
- Dean: Working on a few different projects, along with regular workload.
- John: shifting, and normal workload.
- Fatima: normal workload, received large number of books to barcode and add from stacks to folio.
- Use BATCHWITH user instead of DISCARD.
- MT will update the Item Types document and post it on the T-Drive.
- MT will find out about the large number of items Fatima received, if it should be incorporated as a project.
- Meeting minutes from June and July.
Next meeting: September 10, LSM Special Collections, 10:00am
Next recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz
Back up recorder: Linda Zuckerman