Minutes of January, 14 2009 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Jon Embres, Jamie Maguire (recorder), Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz
- Linda Zuckerman(chair), Fatima Cunha
- Projects scheduled for this year
- Use of 866 vs. 863 Marc tags
- Miscellaneous Item-copy standards revisions
- New 3.2 SIRSI Release
- Information sharing
Minutes from last month approved!
1. Projects scheduled for this year
- Group listed current, scheduled and proposed projects:
Alex REF weeding, Pilot Use study (Alex reading room),
SIP, LSM weeding, Alex BUS weeding, Alex general weeding,
Kilmer weeding, INT/FOR/STATE, Alex PER-EFOLIO, Alex
PER-FOLIO, Alex Bound PER transfer to Annex, DOCLUS
transfer to Annex
- Discussion ensued about what each project entailed,
priority level and staff time needed.
- Group came to conclusion that workloads need to be
adjusted, most likely additional help, and some projects
would not be feasible for the foreseeable future.
- Decision was made to discuss concerns for Holdings
projects at a different time and forum in order to come to
2. Use of 866 vs. 863
- In days prior to meeting there was confusion about whether
to use an 866 or an 863, specifically in regards to Fiche
or Film for Marcive. But upon further discussion at our
meeting it became clear that the topic needs to go to the
Gov Doc meeting and Team leaders for further discussion
before decision is made.
3. Miscellaneous item-copy standards
- Group reviewed document with new item added and a few
corrections to others.
- All agreed on updates and document was approved.
- Decision was made to review "Common Current & Bound
Control Record Patterns" document at next meeting.
4. New 3.2 SIRSI Release
- Group discussed highlights of new release and expressed
Favorite changes: new Call number and Item maintenance screen/ability to edit all. New button in received tab of the
control record, gives the option to remove received rather than just un-receive.
5. Information sharing
- Shared throughout meeting, mostly in regards to projects.
- Discuss Projects and 866 vs. 863's at different forums. JM, PC, MT
- Review Common Current & Bound Control Record Patterns document
- Decision for 866 vs. 863's
Next meeting: Feb. 11, 2009: LSM Time: 10am
Next recorder: Paul Cabelli
Back up recorder: Dean Meister