Minutes of January, 14 2009 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli (recorder), Fatima Cunha (Dana), John Embres (Camden), Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (chair)
- Review Minutes from January
- Discuss changes to be made to 852 document
- Projects scheduled for this year
- Talk About New HRMT Website
1. January meeting minutes
Jamie will distribute the minutes at the next meeting.
2. "852 Document" changes
A number of members suggested changes to the 852 document. These changes were discussed by the group. Some changes were
accepted, while others will be going to TSCWG for further discussion and clarification. There was disagreement regarding
the exact meaning of "Current three months retained". It was suggested that Yuhwei Ling discuss this type of holding
note with the receiving staff to see if a consistent meaning is clear.
3. Projects scheduled for this year
- Alex PER > PER-FOLIO: Project almost finished. Linda will begin distributing the double-barcoded inventory sheets to DTS staff.
- Alex Ref Weeding: Initial phase calls for all titles already having barcoded item lines to be transferred by Access Services staff to Annex. Second phase will involve titles without barcoded item lines to be inventoried by DTS staff and then shipped to Annex. Project to be completed by May 2009.
- Alex Business Weeding: Pilot project to commence immediately. Volumes to be sent to Annex, Kilmer, or discarded.
- Alex Stacks Weeding: Project to begin sometime this summer.
- Kilmer Ref Weeding: Material being relocated to Kilmer stacks, Dana, or discarded. Melody and Azon performing work at Kilmer. Project 2/3 complete.
- Accompanying Material Project: all separated parts of titles to be reunited in single sublocation. Work to be divided between DTS and Access Services. Pilot project will begin with Math Library material.
- Alex RECON Verification Project: Access Services and DTS will work together on project.
- Annex RECON Project: Pre-1800 monographs completed. 19th century monographs still being processed.
- Camden Weeding: General stacks weeding has begun.
4. HRMT website
Everyone should review the documents and overall setup of the new DTS website. The site will go live sometime this
- Melody - will revise the 852 document.
March 11, 2009
LSM Special Collections Room
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Neera Sondhi