Minutes of June 10, 2009 meeting
- Susan Brower, Fatima Cunha, James Embry, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz [recorder], Linda Zuckerman [Chair], Katrina Zwaaf
- Paul Cabelli, Dean Meister
- Review Minutes from April.
- Current population reports and how we're handling (or not handling) B-W in that instance
- Review and critique of the Holdings projects just completed
- Information sharing
1. April minutes were approved
2. Current populations reports and Bound-With
- We will not be performing Bound-with links with serial titles
- We will instead put a note into the 852 field listing the boundwith items
- We will put "dummy" item lines into the record for easy reference for patrons
- A written procedure will be created in cooperation with Paul Cabelli
3. Review and critique of Holdings projects just completed
- We could have used a little more clarity in the decisions given to us
- The process of running batches of barcodes through the system to transfer or relocate the books did work well, and saved lots of time, although we may need to better sort lists in the future.
- We also need to make sure that the Access Services people report the statistics of books moved or transferred to DTS so that the statistics will accurately reflect the work done.
4. Information sharing
- Camden is currently weeding their collection
- Linda has asked our current students to return next year if possible
- MARCIVE 2002/2003 Monchange is completed, Electronic records are now considered ok as root records. Students are being trained on SUDOC to increase what they can find, and proper form for labeling.
- Alexander projects are finished up, and routine work is continuing
- OCLC Smartporting is continuing
- Jamie will be creating a spreadsheet of which call numbers the libraries are weeding to prevent problems with overlapping decisions.
- Boundwith variation with serials will be formalized
- More weeding projects will be started
- Jamie will create spreadsheet to keep track of what call numbers libraries are weeding.
- MT/PC Write up Serial Boundwith procedure.
- Jamie will create a spreadsheet for weeding
- LSM and ALEX weeding
Next meeting: September 16: Alex - University Librarian's Conference Room - (Alex 3rd floor)
Next recorder: Linda Zuckerman
Back up recorder: Katrina Zwaaf