Minutes of September 16, 2009 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha, John Embry, Dean Meister, Jamie Maguire, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman [Chair - recorder], Katrina Zwaaf
- Review Minutes from June.
- Re-animation of the Serials Inventory Project.
- Upcoming Holdings Projects.
- Information Sharing
1. June minutes will be revised and resent.
2. Melody and Paul will meet to discuss modifications to:
- Current Population Reports - Serials bound-with
- Department of State Bulletin - different situations doing bound-with process - need to create summary on this
- Statistical bulletin
3. Jamie announced that a task force for tracking system-wide weeding was created
- Members are Gracemary, Melody, Andy Martinez, Chris Sterback, Elsa Alves, Ellen Calhoun, Teri McNally
- Spreadsheet is being created
- There is last copy duplication between Douglass and Camden
4. Reanimation of serials inventory project
- X note with last inventoried information should still be added to 852 in MARC holdings
- Need to determine how much time is needed to use the inventory wizard - whether we should do it ourselves or have Chris Sterback do it by program checking for the X note.
- Melody and Jamie are going to try different ways to update the information and come up with suggestions to present to TSWG.
- Need to rerun unit reports to eliminate what has been inventoried
- Need to motivate people to start doing serial inventory
- Students can barcode and staff will create MARC holdings and inventory lines.
- Melody will go over to LSM to barcode or get students working at LSM to do it.
- In monograph inventory - damage codes are being used (condition codes)
- Suggestion is to add damage/condition code to workflows when we are doing serials inventory
- Jamie will get damage /condition codes from Andy Martinez
- Can eventually generate reports searching on the damage/condition code
5. Need to remove 930 and change to 866 for local branches
- Jamie will verify that we send email to Fatima for Dana and Teri for Camden to remove 930 tag.
- Jamie will discuss with Chris Sterback about generating a report to identify 930's in the system for all libraries.
6. Mold at the Physics library (leak in HVAC system)
- Collection Management pulled books with mold
- Sent to Ella (selector at Physics)
- Ella determined what to remediate or withdraw or replace
- Reference Weeding
- Kilmer Reference Weeding
- RIE Transfer to Annex
- Relabel REF to REF Folio and REF E-Folio
- Z8000 moved to stacks
- If there are duplicates, Jamie will decide which is better copy
- If selector doesn't want to keep copy - then we will make offer to Camden or Dana
- FBIS (Foreign Broadcasting Information Service) - DOCUS
- Needs to be taken out of boxes and sorted and catalogued
- All print copies need to be sent to Annex - film staying at Alex
- Need to determine how many fit in a bindable unit and whether to use boxes or string.
- Art Library
- Sara Harrington pulled books from H to Z in the stacks and determined what should be withdrawn and what should be transferred.
- Jamie did the withdrawals (134) and next week will do the transfer to Annex
- Set of dictionaries in French at Alex - Sara Harrington needs to review for transfer from REF to Stacks
- FCC Record
- 500 volumes (paper) - half are bound and half are bar-coded
- Catalog of copyright entries - going to Annex
- 10 - 15 volumes already bound and catalogued sitting in DOCUS (some unbound)
- 100's of individual copyright entries need to be barcoded - may be able to put in a bindable unit
- Alex Library
- Stacks weeding on 2A, 2B & 3.
- Lists have been run
- Selectors are making decisions
- LSM REF Weeding
- No date set at this time
- Non-Depository US Docs on microprint cards
- Possible transfer to Annex
- Talking stage
- Weeding Project
- 105 books to bindery
- Weeding Project - finished letter "H"
Next meeting: November 17
Alex - University Librarian's Conference Room - (Alex 3rd floor)
Next recorder: Katrina Zwaaf
Back up recorder: Susan Brower