Minutes for September 15, 2010 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha, John Embres, Jamie Maguire (recorder), Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (chair)
- Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Katrina Zwaaf
- Approve previous minutes
- Treatment of notes in the Marc holdings records of canceled titles (& what happens when we get additional volumes)
- Bound-with glitch (informative)
- Clarify circulation status for item types at the Annex
- Current projects/information sharing
1. Previous meeting minutes approved.
2. Discussion ensued about how to handle "cancelled notes" on Marc holdings in case where we
receive additional volumes after the canceled date.
- Group was unsure if a 928 note is still added to the bib record, needs clarification from the cancelation coordinator.
- Group's recommendation was to keep a detailed delimiter X note (i.e. |xCancelled with v.28 2009) but to have a more general delimiter Z note that showed to the public and just said "Canceled" or "Subscription canceled".
- Recommendation needs to be discussed further with Serials Acquisitions
3. Bound-with glitch
- The child records will come up as "on-order" if the parent record is shadowed. Do not shadow the parent record!
4. Circulation status for items at the Annex
- Group discussed how to know what circulation tatus is for items going to the Annex.
- A "in most cases" guideline was discussed as follows:
- LC usually means circulation is yes, item type usually BOOK-Y
- LCPER usually means circulation is no, item type usually PERIODCL-N
- Shelved-by-title usually means circulation is no, item type PERIODCL-N
- SuDoc, varies greatly; selector decision
- Dean was not present for this meeting so further discussion was need before any verification.
5. Info sharing/projects updates
- Routine work reported by all
- Projects being worked on:
- New Brunswick:
- Alex-EAL Chinese & Koren Periodicals move
- Alex Gov Docs microprint set transfer to Annex
- Remaining Alex Stacks 2B weeding
- New list given to selectors for more Alex REF weeding
- Preparation for new Café at Alex
- Clean up of material in conference room that came from the back offices of the reading room
- Renovations; new offices and computer lab
- Weeding Encyclopedia's
- Newark: None to report at the moment
- Discuss canceled notes with Serials Acquisitions
- Clarify with Dean about circulation
- Canceled notes on Marc Holdings
Next meeting: 11/10/2010: Alexander/Pane room Time: 10am
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz