Minutes for October 19, 2011 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman [Chair], Katrina Zwaaf [Recorder], Fatima Cunha, Jon Embres
1. Minutes from last meeting approved with corrections.
2. Project Sharing:
- Fatima: Aside from routine tasks she has noticed less items coming through bindery. Working with Elsa on cataloging Jazz titles.
- Jon: Renovations have started up at Camden again which lead to moving things. Also has been doing a lot of work for titles withdrawn.
- Neera: Working on MARCIVE and Bibcat. Helped out with CAMDEN Periodicals project and worked on Wiley cleanup project.
- Susan: Aside from routine tasks is working on KILMER relocate and weeding project (300 volumes have already been worked on).
- Dean: 1900-1950 Recon of anything that is a monograph that has a barcode. This involves seeing if ANNEX has items still located at ALEX online. Even if the title is owned elsewhere it is being added and will be addressed as part of a duplicates project.
- Jamie: Working on CAMDEN PER project, statistics, Wiley cleanup and finishing up with EAL-BDCHKO shift.
- Katrina: Working on MARCIVE, CAMDEN PER and Wiley cleanup.
- Melody: Continuing work on Serials Inventory Project and has a bunch of barcode sheets to hand out to the members of DTS. Will train Susan Graham and Rita on second phase of MATH to ANNEX transfer project, working from a list not the physical item. Smart Porting with Susan Brower and working on TSB's backlog. LSM REF weed is moving along.
- Linda: Continues to manage students. Assisting Melody with LSM REF Weed project by double barcoding (4 titles done so far), inventorying and updating MARC holdings. Students are double barcoding ALEX PER titles and working on ERIC fiche weeding.
- Paul: The Hungarian project is moving very slowly, They are weeding their collection and adding to RUL. Titles Rutgers owns are being consolidated and sent to the ANNEX a little each month. The titles being sent are in foreign languages, the Hungarian Foundation is keeping the English versions.
3. From TSCWG: A new policy will in place regarding the consolidation of serials, indexes and abstracts. Policy has not been finalized yet.
4. There will be a new system for keeping ARL statistics. The process of setting this up is still being worked out.
Date: January 30, 2012
Place: Pane Room (Alex)
Next recorder: Susan Brower
Back up recorder: Paul Cabelli