Minutes for May 16, 2012 meeting
- Susan Brower [Recorder], Jon Embres, Jamie Maguire, Dean Meister, Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Katrina Zwaff
- Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha, Linda Zuckerman
- Approve January Minutes
- Labeling/not labeling of RUL gift volumes being located in the Annex
- Who is/should be keeping inventory statistics for titles inventoried in DTS and being transferred to the Annex
- Annex Circulation Policy
- Current projects
- Future projects
1. January minutes will be distributed by Melody this week.
2. Labeling of gifts and transfers for Annex
- Before shipment to ANNEX gifts never owned by RUL should have evidence on the volume that it belongs to RUL either labeled ANNEX or an RUL ownership stamp.
- Transfers to Annex that are being cataloged to a different collection example: FOR to STACKS do not need to be relabeled.
- Titles with multiple libraries that have different call numbers being transferred to the Annex need one consistent Library of Congress call number for the item lines and marc holdings. The volumes do not need to be relabeled
- Less than ten volumes a year are transferred out of the Annex. They are mainly Special Collections. If transfer occurs the volume can be relabeled at that time.
3. DTS keeps statistics of titles they inventory and transfer to the ANNEX
- ANNEX keeps statistics of the number of volumes transferred
4. ANNEX Circulation Policy
- Based on condition circulation status is fluid. If a volume is in poor condition the status will be changed to non circulation.
- Periodicals shelved by title are always PER-N. If a selector requests that a PER-N title circulate the title should be given an lc call number, class scheme changed to LCPER and the Type to Periodcl-Y. The volumes do not need to be relabeled
- Monograph titles can be Book-Y or Book-N depending on condition or selectors decision.
- If a selector is consulted regarding circulation and a decision is made Dean suggested recording the decision in the 928 note. A standardized note will be worked on.
- Dean: As of the end of April a record number 15,000 volumes have been transferred to the Annex this year.
183,000 microfilm titles need to be changed from Alex m/film to Annex Stacks.
JUV collection in the Annex is being inventoried. Pre 1950 is complete. 1951-1976 is ongoing and then the inventory will be complete
Dean is on the Digital Preservation Committee that is dealing with very complicated copyright regulations
- John: The third floor of Robeson library is being converted to study halls. That necessitated a major shift. Compact shelving is being constructed in some sections of the lower floors.
- Susan: Working on the LSM ref weed project and the smartporting of techsr titles
- Neera: Has begun working on the licensing project. Continues working on duplicate record merges, marchive and bibcat.
- Katrina: Working on Douglas consolidation and licensing project
- Jamie: Working on Douglass consolidation project which involves creating a model for future consolidation projects.
- Melody: Ongoing LSM ref weed project and smartporting of techsr titles
Next meeting: July 11 2012
Place to be announced
Next recorder: Paul Cabelli
Back up recorder: Jamie Maguire