Minutes for October 10, 2012 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha (remote-Dana), Jon Embres (remote-Robeson), Jamie Maguire (recorder), Neera Sondhi, Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman, Katrina Zwaaf
- Dean Meister
- Approval of previous minutes
- 928 Notes discussion
- Current projects information sharing
1. Previous meeting minutes reviewed & approved
2. 928 notes
- Group reviewed who is currently adding 928 notes and for what purpose
- Suggestions for additional 928 notes were made, specifically in regards to items that are superceded from one library to another.
- Group decided everyone should send examples of what 928 notes they currently use to Paul & Melody and other 928 notes they think might be useful. List would be compiled and reviewed at the next meeting.
3. Projects in progress / info sharing
- Jamie: Continuing work on Douglass weeding/consolidation project
- Katrina: Routine workload, assisting on Douglass project, working on plan with Paul to complete Marcive remnants
- Paul: Routine workload
- Linda: Working with students to help assist Melody with 930 project (open 930's); also, since replacements are no longer being ordered, Linda is researching options for e-access and looking at where things will have to be bound incomplete.
- Melody: Working on 930 project with Susan Graham (for closed 930's) & Linda/students (open 930's); continuing to work on LSM REF project with Suzanne and Susan; plans to rev up SIP project again
- Neera: Working on Ovid project with Rebecca; Continues to work with Cathy on clean up/organization of paper licenses; Working on duplicate record merges film/paper & EZM/paper; and routine Special collections & Marcive processes
- Susan; Routine workload & LSM REF weeding
- Fatima: Routine workload & remnants of transfers from the Camden weeding
- Jon: Routine workload
4. Another thing mentioned during meeting, resulting from Linda's discussion of no longer ordering replacements and binding
incomplete, was the need for unites to clean-up their Bind-prep shelves. Further discussion is needed with receiving coordinator.
1. All members send 928 examples to Paul & Melody
1. Plan for clean up of Bind-prep shelves at units
Next meeting: 1/9/2013: Alexander & teleconferenced to Newark & Camden, Time: 10am
Next recorder: Dean Meister
Back up recorder: Neera Sondhi