Minutes for May 1, 2013 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Neera Sondhi (recorder), Melody Tomaszewicz, Linda Zuckerman (chair), Katrina Zwaaf, Dean Meister, Jon Embres (remote-Robeson)
- Fatima Cunha (Dana), Jamie Maguire
- Approve January's minutes
- Discuss the UMDNJ merger
- Project updates
- Information sharing
1. Minutes from January 10, 2013 meeting were reviewed & approved.
2. Discuss the UMDNJ merger:
- UMDNJ will merge with Rutgers beginning July 1st, 2013. All serials and monograph titles in UMDNJ library catalog will merge into Rutgers library catalog. IIS (Integrated Information Systems) has merged all UMDNJ library catalog titles into Rutgers catalog and currently the records are shadowed until July 1st. There are two UMDNJ libraries RWJ located in New Brunswick, and SMITH which is in Newark.
- The group discussed that there should be one member from each library RWJ and SMITH join the Holdings Focus Group from our next meeting onwards. Melody will discuss this with Gracemary, and seek advice from Technical Services Council for their recommendation.
- Some staff members from DTS have trained UMDNJ staff on creating current controls.
3. Project updates:
- Dean: Annex shelf list recon project, monograph withdrawal project and inventory.
- Susan: Routine workload. LSM REF weeding and smart porting of techsr items.
- Linda: Routine workload. SIP Project. Finished adding marc holdings and items for Federal Reserve title. Busy with end of semester student coordination for summer hours coverage.
- Paul: Working with the Serials Team, answering queries for patrons and selectors for electronic access problems thru email. Helping with UMDNJ training and mentoring for control records along with routine workload.
- Melody: Coordinating SIP Project, so far Alex 27% done and LSM 55% done. LSM REF weeding going on, smart porting techsr items. 930 project to start soon have about 21,000 930's that need to be converted to 866's.
- Katrina: Routine stuff, continue working on Douglass consolidation project. Working on RU-yearbook scanning and WMS markup with SCC. Another year of participating with Rutgers Day events achieved.
- Neera: Working on RU-yearbook scanning and WMS markup with SCC. SIP Project, Licensing Project and Science Direct spreadsheet (600 titles) coverage dates along with routine work load.
- Jon: Serials and Stacks inventory, along with routine work.
Next meeting: Oct, 9th 10:00am. Alex Pane Room
Next recorder: Melody Tomaszewicz
Back up recorder: Katrina Zwaaf