Minutes for October 9, 2013 meeting
- Susan Brower, Paul Cabelli, Fatima Cunha, James Embry, Melody Tomaszewicz [recorder], Linda Zuckerman [Chair], Katrina Zwaaf
- Dean Meister, Jamie Maguire, Neera Sondhi
- Approve May's minutes
- Brainstorming on 928 notes
- Project Updates
- Information sharing
1. May's minutes were approved
2. 928 documents
- 928s are needed for all transfers
- Whether 928s are needed for withdrawn books will be discussed with JM
- Melody will meld the 928 documents and send the draft around for discussion at the next meeting.
3. Information sharing
- Douglass print consolidation is about 85% done. All film needs to be done next.
- Chemistry is being cleaned out; most of the books must be remediated.
- LSM Ref Weed is coming to an end; a Stacks weeding will be started next to make room for the Chemistry books.
- Students have been welcomed and assigned to some holdings tasks and barcoding.
- UMDNJ - Rutgers record merges are underway.
- Hungarian titles are going to RUL. First the serials, and then monographs.
- OCLC Smartporting has only a very small current backlog (1-2 bins)
- Neera and Katrina are handling current MARCIVE and working on the yearbook project.
- At Dana, some volumes are being shifted from REF to Stacks and PER. Shifting is taking place. And Dana is starting consolidation of serials. Iliana and Fatima are creating brief records for Techser and long overdue books brought to them by Access Services, and working on binding serials and rebinding monographs.
- 928s needed for all transfers
- Weeding projects will continue
- MT write up 928 document for review.
- 928 decision on WD
- LSM and ALEX weeding projects.
January 8, 2014 Alex - Pane Room - (Alex 1st floor), Robeson - Conference Room 2 - Room #204, Dana - Special Collections #454
Next recorder: Linda Zuckerman
Back up recorder: Katrina Zwaaf