Minutes of Friday, March 30, 2001 Meeting
- Leslie Murtha, Chair; Vibiana Bowman; Sam McDonald; Eileen Stec;
Julie Still; Roberta Tipton; Kevin Mulcahy; Jeris Cassel; Jackie Mardikian,; Scott Hines.
Called to order: 9:30 AM
Minutes: from March 2, approved.
Announcements and Updates
- Outreach statistics will be placed in the spread sheet (under development) located on the "T" drive
- Committee members wish to thank Jeanne Boyle for purchasing the HTML 4 books used for today's workshop.
- The first interview for instructional services candidate will be April 3. Two additional candidates have been scheduled for May.
- The EEBO training re-scheduled for April. The following committee members volunteered to introduce the sessions:
- April 18 - Robeson, Julie Still
- April 19 - Alexander, Leslie Murtha
- April 20 - Dana, Bobbie Tipton
Web Page Design
- Julie Still and Sam McDonald each presented mock-ups of possible Instruction Services Web pages, incorporating features discussed at the March 2 ISC meeting.
- A task force (Vibiana Bowman, Sam McDonald, Jeris Cassel) was formed to develop 3 alternative layouts, using the new design format.
Funding Process Program Proposal
- Eileen Stec presented, electronically, a proposal for a one-day funding symposium at RU. The multi-media demo showed how the symposium could be archived for additional use.
- The TILT software was discussed: pro's, con's and need for PHP programming language knowledge.
- A group agreed to prepare a proposal/recommendation to test this program using either Knowledge Maze, Shaping a Life or the English Writing Program as the content. The group includes: Bobbie Tipton; Vib Bowman; Eileen Stec; Scott Hines. The proposal will be ready for presentation and further discussion with the entire committee at the May 4th ISC meeting.
Instruction Program model development
- A Draft copy of "Information Literacy for the Twenty-First Century, A Plan for Library
Instruction" was distributed for discussion.
Meeting Adjourned: 11:40 AM