Minutes of August 6, 2004 Meeting
- Roberta Tipton (chair), Sam McDonald, Rebecca Gardner, Eileen Stec (recorder), Heather Huey, Jeanne Boyle.
Reviewed minutes for the July 16, meeting, amended and accepted.
- ISC Report for DLI II
- Assessments of the IL Symposium were discussed; pursuing a conversion of the video.
- Project SAILS participation will require an expedited IRB review.
Progress report on tutorial:
- all tutorials modules have been completed, the fine editing phase will begin immediately.
- the PHP code checking for the quizzes will follow
- the exit survey and a few additional links remain to be checked
- final copyright clearance for a few graphics is in progress.
- ISC discussed phased roll-out for tutorials; to RUL at Thanksgiving 2004 and the RU community January, 2005.
The RUL instruction pages will be revamped by Thanksgiving.
Proposed Goals for the next year:
- finish and market Searchpath
- revamp Web pages
- develop other deliverables for the Information Literacy Strategy
- revisit Learning Frameworks
- investigate subject areas for advanced Searchpath modules
- consider how to work with the Learning Resource Centers in NB.
- develop a white paper on info lit at Rutgers
- interface with the ad hoc university undergraduate curriculum committee.
- support the Project SAILS activities.