Minutes of March 4, 2005 Meeting
- Bobbie Tipton (chair), Jeris Cassel, Jackie Mardikian, Eileen Stec (recorder),
Mira Foster, Harry Glazer (guest), Sam McDonald, Rebecca Gardner, Jeanne Boyle, Patricia Libutti,
Theo Haynes (via videoconference).
- Harry Glazer reported on the latest step in the Searchpath marketing campaign; this slogan will be attached as a signature file to all the ISC committee members email:
Better Research, Better Papers, Better Grades! Try Searchpath our new information literacy tutorial. Searchpath <link>.
- Memo pads will be printed for the department chairs with information promoting.
- Right panel advertising has begun appearing on the RUL homepage. Some results of comments will soon be available to the committee.
- Use of the modules was discussed
- The final tweaking is in progress
- Assessment and survey process of the modules was discussed, Tricia Libutti prepared and shared the assessment model and timing with the group. She will coordinate efforts with the marketing plan.
- Timing of future updates was discussed-the May meeting was chosen, with final changes approved at June meeting.
- Minutes from the February 7, 2005 meeting were accepted.
- The Instruction Materials repository is up and available through the NBL Web page.
- Mira Foster was greeted as a new member of ISC.
- Jeanne Boyle reported on the NJ Library Directors meeting. We will have 45 minutes for a presentation at NJIT on Searchpath for the Council of New Jersey College and University Librarians, Library Directors and Deans.
- Report on OIRT assessment presentation, March 2nd. As a result the committee decided to invite Gayle Stein for a presentation on SAKAI.
- OIRT presentation on information literacy has been moved to April 27th, to avoid a date conflict with the NJLA annual conference.
- Bobbie Tipton will be speaking at the SLA conference this June on Instructional Tutorial ---SearchPath development .
Web pages update
- Discussion about integrating the revised instruction/information literacy link from the RUL page.
- Rebecca Gardner volunteered to form a proposal to WAC requesting links to individual Searchpath modules on appropriate RUL Web pages.
- Other marketing for Searchpath was discussed, including and addition to "Explore, Learn" brochure students receive with their PIN.
- We were unable to make the 200 participant goal, approximately 100 students did participate from the Cook, Livingston and College Ave. campuses. Eileen Stec will coordinate the parti