Minutes of May 11, 2007 Meeting
- Theo Haynes (chair), Roberta Tipton, Triveni Kuchi, Eileen Stec, Rebecca Gardner (recorder), Donna Wertheimer.
1. Review of progress on Assessment report
Patricia Libutti is working to complete a SearchPath report by mid-June, 2007.
Bobbie Tipton completed a SearchPath Group Program Assessment document and gathered
debriefing analysis data.
2. Review of goals and objectives for 2006-2007. No new goals were set for this year, as we
continued the goal of completing the SearchPath assessment.
3. Set Preliminary Goals and Objectives for 2007-2008.
- Encourage university wide use of the ETS ICT (iSkills) Core skills assessment for preliminary (new student) information literacy levels.
- Revise SearchPath before September.
- Develop snipit (90 second) just-in-time tutorials for tool use, and integrate the larger Information Literacy objectives, like determination of information need or evaluation of sources, into the departmental courses by working with the teaching faculty. Potential departments in NB/Piscataway include Sociology, Social Work, Geography; at SEBS (aka Cook) the writing program; Camden identified undergraduate business, marketing, psychology and history programs. Newark department(s) are yet to be identified however the writing and business programs seem likely candidates.
4. Create a page of best tutorials, perhaps using del.i.cious and allow searching by topic.