The preliminary ISC Goals and RUL Strategic Plan Grid (two documents) were distributed. We reviewed how the goals fit in with the strategic plan. Jackie suggested adding a separate column for ISC in order to be consistent with WAC, since both are subcommittees of PSC. For goals, we suggested combining goal 2 and 3 and adding two new goals: providing an advisory role for library facilities planning for student learning and rethinking the Library Instruction and Information Literacy pages. Jeris will revise the goals as discussed and distribute them to ISC, as well as the primary and secondary responsibilities notes for the Strategic Plan Grid.
Au demonstrated to ISC a possible restructuring of the pages in order to reduce the lists and the amount of clicks to get to the resources. As an example he proposed moving the class related guides elsewhere. We need to rethink what we mean by system-wide or library specific finding aids. Remove the "Workshops" page from the Learning Tools for Students page. A new subject portal was discussed. He also suggested removing "Finding Aids". Eileen will demonstrate how "Delicious" works at one of our next ISC meetings. This item will be an ongoing agenda item until the committee completes its work and responds to Au and WAC with a restructured plan.
The committee reviewed the Searchpath Survey Report. Results and comments seemed to be positive overall. Theo volunteered to make a list of suggestions offered throughout the comments. As we start revising Searchpath, we will try to incorporate suggestions from the survey. Eileen and Jackie will meet to revise the IRIS module on August 8 soon after the new version of IRIS is made available. Other modules will be re-examined at a later date.
Jeris created a Sakai site with listserv for the group and proposed that all meeting agendas, documents, minutes and correspondence be distributed via Sakai. There was consensus on the organization of the site. The committee favored Sakai listserv over the RUL listserv because of the email archive feature. There was consensus on decommissioning the RUL listserv. Jeris will contact Francoise about this (Francoise agreed and contacted Ken Kuehl on July 27 to decommission RUL_ISC@rutgers.edu). We agreed on a revised meeting schedule (e-mailed and posted in Sakai by Jeris after the meeting).
|Friday, July 27, 2007||9:30-Noon||Kilmer, Room 010||Camden|
|Friday, September 14, 2007||1:30-3:30 p.m.||Alexander, Pane Room||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, October 5, 2007||9:30-Noon||Kilmer, Room 010||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, November 2, 2007||9:30-Noon||Kilmer, Room 010||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, December 7, 2007||9:30-Noon||Kilmer, Room 010||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, January 4, 2008||9:30-Noon||Kilmer, Room 010||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, February 1, 2008||9:30-Noon||Douglass MM Lab|
|Friday, March 7, 2008||1:30-3:30 p.m.||Alexander, Pane Room||Camden/Newark|
|Friday, April 4. 2008||9:30-Noon||Robeson||Camden/New Brunswick|
|Friday, May 2, 2008||9:30-Noon||Dana||Camden/New Brunswick|
|Friday, June 6, 2008||1:30-3:30 p.m.||Alexander, Pane Room||Camden/Newark|
We will welcome Valeda Dent at our next ISC meeting on September 14.
Rebecca is no longer a member of ISC. We need to look at our membership and recruit more members. Jeris will follow up on new member suggestions made at the meeting.
Eileen recommended that we take the ETS I-Skills Test. She will find out how to make this happen. She will make a report about gaming and learning at a future meeting.
Triveni will report about the Information literacy workshop she is co-organizing at the American Sociological Association meetings in August and related ongoing ANSS/ACRL work with anthropology and sociology subject information literacy standards and adaptation at our next meeting.