STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of August 17, 2006 Meeting

Present:
Stephanie Bartz (chair), Natalie Borisovets, Vibiana Bowman (teleconferencing), Ellen Calhoun, Francoise Puniello (guest), John Shepard (recorder), Li Sun, and Bob Warwick.

1. iLink progress

Bob Warwick reported that "My Account" has been redone in the test system to change some confusing wording that occurred during the upgrade of the system software to GL 3.0; the Access Services Committee has reviewed the changes and approved them. Bob will also try to fix the ongoing problem with the numbering of IRIS reserve lists before the fall semester begins.

The committee discussed the priority of the items still pending on IPAC's iLink revision list:

Natalie Borisovets asked about the list of topics displayed on IRIS search results pages under the heading "Limit these results to…." By clicking the "More" link, the user can see a complete list of topics, with the added topics interspersed with those that displayed on the initial screen. Bob will investigate whether it's possible to increase the number of topics in the initial display to include all of the headings.

2. New feedback

A request that International Standard Serials Numbers be linked in IRIS records was received. The intent was to facilitate searching for journals with title changes. The committee discussed the issue involved, and concluded that more information was needed before any decision is made. Stephanie will ask for a further clarification of the need for ISSN links.

3. Annual report

The annual report of IPAC was accepted by the committee as drafted by Stephanie Bartz.

4. Information sharing

5. Next meeting

The next meeting of IPAC is on 21 September 2006.



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/iris_public_access_com/minutes/pac_06_08_17.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)