Minutes of November 16, 2006 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (chair), Natalie Borisovets, Vibiana Bowman (remote), Ellen Calhoun, John Shepard, Li Sun (recorder), Bob Warwick
1. iLink Progress
- Numbering on reserve pages is still a problem. There is no known solution, so Bob has been working on a custom fix that could eventually be shared with other libraries that have expressed an interest.
- Bob will work on some of the smaller, easier fixes based on what's already been identified and listed in his implementation spreadsheets.
2. RefWorks and IRIS
Although there is currently no option for Direct Export from IRIS to RefWorks, Bob has been
working with Dave Hoover to develop the feature. A temporary link for testing purposes has been
added to the test catalog.
In preparation for making the feature available in the live catalog, the following design
decisions were made concerning the Marked Items screen and actions resulting from selecting
buttons on that screen:
- RefWorks will be added as the default option for the Type of Output. RefWorks requires formatted (rather than flat ASCII) output, so this option will actually duplicate the Formatted option in the list, while making the choice obvious for users of RefWorks.
- The View button will be combined with the Save/Print button to create a single View/Save/Print button.
- Selecting the new View/Save/Print button will not launch a second window, as the two individual buttons currently do.
- Once the View/Save Print button has been selected, two new buttons will appear in the grey bar after the Help button. The buttons will be labeled RefWorks and Save/Print, and each will launch a new window when selected. The RefWorks window will open at the RefWorks site. Bob will contact Shaun Ellis if design assistance is needed to create the new buttons.
3. Review of GL3.1 in the test catalog
Testing of GL3.1 is ongoing. Members of IPAC have thus far identified no problems with the
4. Designing a Director's Station report
Since there is no way to know what statistics might be useful in the future, Stephanie will
continue to collect the same type of data that she's been collecting since January 2006. New
reports can be designed later if a specific need is identified, but historical data may not be
available at that point because Director's Station only retains the current month plus one month
back for the OPAC module.
5. Information sharing
The demo pages for Searchlight were reviewed at the most recent WAC meeting. IRIS is not
included in the initial implementation.
6. Next meeting
December 21, 2006, 1:30 p.m., University Librarian's Conference Room