STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of February 15, 2007 Meeting

Present:
Stephanie Bartz (Chair), Bob Warwick, Ellen Calhoun, Li Sun, John Shepard Recorder: Vibiana Bowman (attending via teleconference from Paul Robeson Library)

Call to Order

Meeting began 1:35 PM.

Fix for the "Search Again" Feature

Bob successfully updated "Search Again" feature. There are some problems with consistency with this feature. While the "Search Again" works (i.e., it uses the limits specified) it does not always correctly display the previously selected limits. Bob will continue to trouble shoot.

Context Sensitive E-ZBorrow Button

There was a brief discussion of the proposed context sensitive E-ZBorrow button that Bob is developing. If a book is unavailable, the E-ZBorrow button will appear on the left above "Deliver/Recall Book." The Access Services Committee suggested a brief message such as "Checked out? Try E-ZBorrow!" This can appear as a pop-up or a new window. After reviewing the options, IPAC determined that the new button should match the "Deliver/Recall Book" and "Request Article/Other" buttons, but use a slightly larger/bolder font.

Access Services also suggested that when an item is "in-process" the E-ZBorrow button should not appear, but neither should the "Deliver/Recall Book" button. The intent is to prompt users to select "Request Article/Other" for such materials.

Bob will continue work on these features in the test catalog. IPAC will send an announcement to RUL_everyone a week before any change is made to the live catalog.

RU Web Standards

The new RU visual identity standards for Web pages will impact the IRIS web pages. WAC and Sam McDonald will be developing the new RU Libraries pages and will be asked to advise on how to proceed with the IRIS pages.

Information Sharing

Stephanie discussed the new status designation, "localmaint." This indicates that an item is being worked on/repaired locally. Stephanie is working on an explanation of this new status for the IRIS guide.

Next Meeting

March meeting (March 15) may need to be re-scheduled. Stephanie will contact the committee via email. Main item will most likely be RU new visual identity for the Web.

Meeting Adjourned

Meeting was adjourned at 2:40 PM.



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/iris_public_access_com/minutes/pac_07_02_15.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)