Minutes of December 20, 2007 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (Chair), Vibiana Bowman (Recorder), Natalie Borisovets, Ellen Calhoun, John Shepard, Li Sun, Bob Warwick
Minutes from November
Minutes were approved and will be distributed to RUL_everyone.
I. New Books List
Bob reported on progress. Work continues. Committee looked at a sample “new Books List” from the
Kansas State Libraries web site sent in by Mary Page. This page hot-links to the catalog, but uses
Voyager rather than iLink. Bob will investigate the possibility of generating “live” lists of new
books from IRIS instead of generating static reports.
Bob’s suggested timeline for the New Book list: development work in the Spring Semester; with a
target date for “live” roll-out of July 1, 2008. Bob asked the committee to look for new books
lists from other college libraries, particularly sites that use iLink, and share with the IPAC
II. Recent and Outstanding Changes
Bob reported on recent changes:
- 580 tag added to default display.
- Old article delivery link and related pages were removed from IRIS.
- Stephanie updated the IRIS guide and context sensitive help to include information about chapter keyword searching, and to remove the information about old article delivery options.
New and on-going projects:
- “Mark” button does not display on the result list produced by a call number search. At this point “Mark” doesn’t appear until the user gets to the individual item display. Bob continues work on this problem.
- Natalie identified a problem with records with French subject headings. Bob will look into the possibility of producing a list of source records for secondary subject headings.
III. Information Sharing
- The Item Type Task Force submitted a report to Technical Services Council. LIS will serve as the implementation committee, and the new item type scheme is intended to be put in place in the summer. There will be work for IPAC. Bob will add “Item Type” to the test catalog display so that we can begin looking at changes to the display.
- Symphony 3.2 will be implemented after the ORACLE and UNICODE migrations (after the end of the Spring Semester).
- Next upgrade to Director’s Station will include more archival data for the OPAC.
- Stephanie reported that the Rutgers University Libraries has been signed up for Open WorldCat which is an open source version of WorldCat with added features.
IV. Future Meeting Dates
January 17, 2008, 1:30 – 4:30 PM.
Meeting Adjourned: 3 PM