Minutes of July 17, 2008 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (Chair), Natalie Borisovets (Recorder), Ellen Calhoun, Theo Haynes (remote), Bob Warwick
- John Shepard, Li Sun
I. Item Types
A. Advanced Search Changes
- A new sublocation file has been created; the remaining sublocations are now equivalent to home locations. This is a custom list and can be changed at any time.
- All new codes have been added to the test and production systems.
- Information icons will be added after the conversion takes place.
B. Text changes on Request page
Have not yet gotten feedback from the Circ Subcommittee; therefore changes have not yet been done.
- Temporarily add “For IN PROCESS and PENDING items, now use the Book/Delivery Request button” to the Book/Special Request form.
- Add direct link from the Book/Special Request form.
C. Item Request Buttons
As a result of the item type changes, the criteria for displaying Request buttons will need to be fixed.
D. IRIS Guide Changes
Stephanie Bartz has revised the IRIS Guide. IPAC members need to review the following sections:
- Type Circulate?
- Advanced Search
- Search Limits
- Detailed Single Record Display
II. New Books Pages
- Looked at several libraries with LC breakdowns for their “New Books” lists.
- Ellen will send Bob the urls for the 2 breakdowns IPAC thought viable; once a basic list is created we can tweak it.
- Can use Director’s Station to areas of collection/acquisitions strengths. We can then base some of the breakdowns on strength areas.
- Bob will send out steps for running this type of report to IPAC members prior to the next meeting.
- Everyone should bring a suggested subject breakdown to the next meeting.
III. Information Sharing
Calhoun: Shadowed brief records have been deleted from Workflows
IV. Next Meeting: August 21, at 1:30 pm.