Minutes of February 19, 2009 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (chair & recorder), Natalie Borisovets, Ellen Calhoun, Sara Harrington, Bob Warwick
- Theo Haynes, Li Sun
1. This just in
a) Links between current month subject lists and the equivalent previous month subject lists have been
suggested. Research Guides and users linking to the page for a particular subject will then have access to
both months. Bob will mock up 2 test versions:
- Add a link to the previous month next to the name of the current month in the page header
- Add "For previous month click here." after the last line of the first paragraph of the introduction.
b) On pages that have no content in a given month, the introductory paragraphs will be removed.
2. Symphony 3.2.1
The release notes for Revision D were reviewed to determine which new features should be considered. The main
ones to be looked at are:
- The ability to renew books from the Review Checkouts screen
- Linking to the record details view from within My Account
- The "Keep all on this page" option
- Adding an in-transit message to the Holds list in My Account
3. IPAC lunchtime seminar
Possible dates for the lunchtime seminar requested by the Training and Learning Committee are March 31 or
April 2. Stephanie will contact Marilyn Wilt to get a better idea what they’re looking for; Natalie, Bob, and
Stephanie will meet to discuss content.
4. Information sharing
- Stephanie met with the Reserves Group about the possibility of standardizing course titles in the Reserve module. They Reserves Group will continue to discuss, and will contact Bob about cleaning up old course records as a first step.
- Media booking is still in the testing phase, but the hope is that it will be implemented later this year.
- LIS will be reviewing the items in IRIS that use the item type MISC and recommending new item types if warranted.
5. Next meeting
March 19, 1:30 p.m., University Librarian's Conference Room