Minutes of the February 17, 2011 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (chair), Natalie Borisovets, Ellen Calhoun, Sara Harrington, Theo Haynes, Li Sun (Recorder), and Bob Warwick
After some discussion the following decisions were made:
- The PERMALINK’ button will be kept on the Basic, Advanced, and Call Number search pages.
- The PERMALINK’ button will be removed from pages where it´s not needed, specifically the My Account pages. The option was not delivered on the Reserves pages and it will not be added to those pages
- The name permalink’ will be retained.
- The permalink setup in TestIRIS generates two permalinks. One generates a link that goes through the proxy server; the other does not. When the feature is made available in the live catalog, only a single link that will use the proxy option will be generated.
2. Project Chart Updates
- Continue button: Final changes to the button were approved and Bob will move them into the live catalog.
- My Account header fonts: Changes were made to accommodate suggestions made by Access Services, but additional white space is needed between the gray lines (e.g., between Requests in Process & Title) to make the screen more readable. If the additional space canít be added, we may need to go back to the original font size. Bob will experiment.
- Bill vs. You Owe Ė The language in the tabs on the Checkouts, IRIS Requests, and Bills’ pages is currently different than the list at the left on the summary’ tab. Information should be in the same order and use the same language in both places. Bob will create a Bills section at the left with You owe’ indented under it (similar to the way the Request section appears).
During the latter part of the meeting, IPAC attended the Webinar Get a Better Catalog! Next
Generation Discovery Interfaces for Library OPACs’ presented by Marshall Breeding.
For more information visit: http://www.librarytechnology.org/