Minutes of the April 21, 2011 Meeting
- Stephanie Bartz (chair & recorder), Natalie Borisovets, Sara Harrington, Theo Haynes, Li Sun, Bob Warwick
- Ellen Calhoun
1. IRIS Guide and Testing Checklist
- The IRIS Guide is now live in LibGuides and feedback has so far been positive. Context sensitive help is also in place as links to sections of the LibGuide. The previous incarnation of context sensitive help included separately coded pages; this version will make updates easier.
- The basic principles for the testing checklist were agreed upon. The checklist will be designed to insure that functionality is not lost when new releases are installed, that the appearance of the catalog is not unintentionally changed, and generally to identify problems that arise in relation to software updates. Screen captures will not be included since the production catalog can serve as a model for what things should look like.
- Bob will make the light gray button bar in TestIRIS a different color than the one in production IRIS in order to make it easier to distinguish which catalog is being used.
2. Continuing review of Rev.D / Project Chart
Information on E-ZBorrow parameters was received from Judy Gardner and Chris Sterback. Bob will consult Chris for further clarification. We should be able to base the logic largely on type-circulate code instead of relying on several different levels of information.
Stephanie will draft a message to RUL_everyone about the recent fix to initial articles in old MRQ records and will send the draft to IPAC for review.
- The project chart will be updated as follows:
- Reformat context sensitive help Done
- Change message that appears when a user enters an invalid login Done
- Add cell padding to My Account tables Add to To Do
- Change language for miscellaneous charges Approved, make live
- Change page title for Renew My Checkouts login page Approved, make live
- Printing anomalies, second browser window Revise and move to To Do
- Improve permalinking to work for browse searches and when search limits are used Add to To Investigate
3. IRIS feedback and fixes
- Comments regarding permalinking have been positive, although disappointment has been expressed regarding the inability to permalink browse searches and searches that use limits (e.g. sub-location).
- A request has been sent to IIS asking that the home page link to IRIS be changed so that it does not involve a redirect. This may require a change to the script that calls the proxy, so discussion is ongoing.
4. This just in
stats and review
- Bob will generate statistics for review and discussion at the May meeting.
5. Information sharing
- Four new users have been created for TestIRIS specifically for the use of IPAC.
- Eliminating the use of "IRIS" as the name for the Rutgers Libraries' catalog is being discussed in various venues at the suggestion of the Web Board.
- Patch Cluster 2 is now available and should soon be loaded. Once Patch Cluster 2 is in place, Symphony 3.4 can be installed in the test catalog.
- An upgrade to Director's Station is coming soon. The new server has already arrived and IIS hopes to have the upgrade in place by the end of June.
6. Next meeting
May 9, 1:30 p.m., University Librarian's Conference Room