1. Bob Warwick distributed a report of statistics on use of the new book lists from Feb. 2009 through April 2011. The monthly number of page views per category showed a steady use of the new books feature, with expected patterns within semesters. Both current and previous lists are used, but the previous months lists have a lower percentage of use. IPAC decided to continue producing both a current and previous list for now, but not to add any additional months. The committee decided also to break the "Online Resources, Other Publications" category into sections mirroring those used in the "Online Resources, Government Publications" category: A-C, D-G, H-M, N-R, S-Z. Bob will also explore the possibility of moving streaming videos out of the Online Resources category, to be a separate section in the Media Materials category.
2. The testing checklist is due June 30th, in time for the next upgrade to IRIS. Stephanie has samples in the IPAC Work Space library guide, and will make all committee members either editors or collaborators so they can do their own updates if they prefer not to send them to her.
3. Stephanie distributed the updated iLink Project Chart. There have been no additional changes to IRIS beyond those already noted in the chart. Response to the initial article cleanup has been positive, and Bob will identify more categories for batch cleanup as time allows. From the "To Investigate" section, permalinks do not work from search pages, so the option will be removed from those. Permalink option will be available on results pages or lists for now.
4. Robeson Library has been using the account expiration message in IRIS as a workaround to allow PC access to Rowan and Camden County students. However, the account message serves a dual purpose, for both expired, and expires within 30 days. This has precluded access to those students now that the end of semester is approaching. Bob will investigate adding account expiration dates to the My Account alerts or splitting "Card Expired or Will Expire Shortly" into two separate messages.
5. Committee members thanked Sara Harrington for her many contributions to IPAC, and wished her well in her new position in OHIO! Mary Fetzer will appoint a replacement for the new fiscal year.
6. Next IPAC meeting will be on June 16, 2011; 1:30 in University Librarian's Conference Room.