STAFF RESOURCES

Minutes of December 6, 2001 Meeting

Present:
Judy Gardner, Nancy Hendrickson, Rhonda Marker, Ann Montanaro, Mary Page, Jane Sloan, Gracemary Smulewitz, Christopher Sterback (recorder), Bob Warwick

1. Upgrade to 2001

a. testing status - most team members are finished with testing and reported no significant problems. Jane Sloan reported that you can review a booking you have created or edited without having to search for the record again. Rhonda Marker reported that 1) fixed fields now display in four columns instead of five, 2) there are minor problems with boundwiths, 3) item ID now displays as item barcode (Bob made this change - it was not a U2001 enhancement), 4) the Item Lookup pull-down list of search types is now configurable (outstanding questions for Systems (a) can ISBN and ISSN be added?, (b) can General be changed to Keyword?; (c) can General be removed from browse pull-down list? 5) saving toolbars to the server did not work the way it was defined in the release notes; once a toolbar was saved to the server, you could no longer select SIRSI delivered toolbars

b. are we ready to upgrade? - team members agreed that there were no showstoppers and the upgrade could proceed as scheduled on January 1, 2002.

2. Debriefing on IRIS downtime 11/17 - 11/18

Chris reported on a few more details of the IRIS downtime

3. Summary of Serials Working Group Meeting

Gracemary reported that the Serials Working Group (SWG) met to plan the implementation of Marc Holdings. The SWG will be trained by Gracemary in two sessions. One will be held in December and one in early January. Then, the SWG will review workflow and create a training plan for other groups that will be responsible for creating or maintaining marc holdings, such as the IRIS maintenance group and those in the units responsible for serials checkin. Systems will make any configuration changes necessary to implement marc holdings in the production system and will be responsible for moving the data in the 930 to the 866 tag.

4. Announcements:

Judy Gardner - implemented email notification phase 2 and distributed term reminder notices

Bob Warwick - working on bringing all custom Webcat pages up to U2001. Many pages were customized long ago and still work; however, Bob deemed it was time to recustomize all pages beginning with a U2001 template.

Rhonda Marker - approximately 27,000 CJK records have been converted from Wade-Giles to Pinyin and are waiting to be loaded into IRIS; for the time being Systems and Cataloging will not run a url checker - DBM will fix url's as they are encountered and reported as errors; sent test file to Marcadia for machine matching

Mary Page - worked with Systems to use SIRSI to provide ARL statistics on number of orders created, received, etc.

Gracemary Smulewitz - planning implementation of Marc holdings

Nancy Hendrickson - continuing to work with RIAS and Systems on electronic transmission of invoices

Chris Sterback - following up on U2001 testing reports, monitoring email notification phase 2, preparing for upgrade of production system

5. Next LIS meeting

January 3, 2002 in the TSB conference room.



 
URL: http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/rul/staff/groups/lis_implementation_com/minutes/lisimp_01_12_06.shtml
Website Feedback  |  Privacy Policy

© Copyright 1997-2013, Rutgers University Libraries   (Further Copyright Information)