Minutes for November 1, 2007 Meeting
- Rose Barbalace, John Brennan, Harry Glazer, April Grier, Francoise Puniello, Darryl Voorhees
Harry reported that Triveni stepped down from the Marketing/PR team, because her schedule is
quite full this year. Valeda Dent appointed Tao Yang to serve in her place and Harry has already
met with Tao to discuss the activities of the team.
Darryl will be attending a marketing workshop in Philadelphia, as a representative of the
Marketing/PR Team. He plans to report back to the team about his experiences at the next
Open discussion on the progress of the marketing plan
And the work of the Marketing/PR team - Comments
- The information desks went well in Newark.
- At the desks in NB/Piscataway, the new brochure on the Libraries
website was well received. The desk in the Cook Campus Center
received the least number of visitors.
- The information desk in the Rutgers Student Center received a very
limited number of visitors; if our goal is to make many students
aware of our services, the info desks may not be the best means.
- Perhaps a better approach for 2008/2009 would be to revisit how
we’re represented in new student orientations. Jeris Cassel could
offer useful perspective and guidance if we focused on this area.
- We need to find a better way to work with the faculty, through the
- One area for the team to consider, for 2008/2009 – offering
liaisons personalized assistance, to tailor our announcements
and/or craft new text for specific departments.
- Better promotion of bibliographic instruction sessions could help.
- One 2007/2008 goal still to be completed – assessing which
Libraries administrators are meeting with top university
administrators (Measurable Objective # 6). Francoise intends to
raise this matter at the next University Librarian’s Cabinet meeting.
- We need to engage students more directly, in the ways they prefer
to be engaged.
The next meeting of the Marketing/PR team will be Thursday January 10th.
Prepared by Harry Glazer
November 27, 2007