New member Matt Gallagher was introduced to the team. Peter Konin has been added to the Sakai list (read only, for access to workflow documentation). There is a Zimbra/Sakai integration issue preventing Zimbra calendar appointments from reaching all participants; IIS is working on the problem.
There was a brief mention of the title Social Media and the Middle East, to clarify that the starting point for all streaming video acquisitions is the Media Team, and locally produced videos must be entered in the queue via Media Team spreadsheets maintained by J. Otto. There was discussion of where rights information is recorded for these titles. Rights information stored in RUcore will not be stored in the ERMS. Original rights documents will be retained until they have been scanned to specs and ingested into RUcore. J. Otto will follow up with Jeanne Boyle about agreements needed from video producers (as opposed to persons depicted in the videos).
J. Otto updated the group on the status of NJVid; see attachment. The question was raised, What advance planning is required for any anticipated migration from NJVid to an RUL streaming platform, in terms of obtaining streaming files currently on NJVid? Will we have permission to extract files from NJVid or are we expecting to transcode them from our own DVDs when the time comes? If the latter, we will need to continue our policy of acquiring the DVD along with the streaming rights in every case. J. Otto will follow up with G. Agnew about advance planning required for an anticipated migration from NJVid to an RUL streaming platform.
The Ordering Subteam has documented the NJVid workflow in consultation with Sujay Daniels at NJVid, and the workflow is being tested with the ca. 40 titles now on order. Daniels has also distributed NJVid's own policies and procedures.
NJVid titles are highly visible and should be prioritized with new receipts. At the current rate of acquisition, it appears that titles can be cataloged as received, given current workloads.
M. Gaunt has distributed emails on the VALE/NJVid INTELECOM video collections trial, but these titles are not of interest to RUL. J. Otto will post the "NJVid Commercial Video Service Policies and Procedures, July 1, 2011" document on the Sakai website.
G. Smulewitz's team is currently beta testing a component of our current ERMS, balancing issues of usage, cost, and integration with the rest of the ERMS. When that testing is complete (about four weeks), testing can begin on the Florida Center for Library Automation's Drupal-based ERMS.
J. Gardner and J. Reinhardt are currently testing this, working with D. Hoover. Video reserves may or may not be publicized as an "official" service offering.
The faculty conference video toolkit and linking policy document are still in process. J. Otto will call another meeting of the Ordering Subteam.
J. Sloan asked about conflicting status messages ('on-order' and 'received') in Library Catalog records. This was addressed after the meeting. The record in question was an anomaly, as it was still in process.
E. Stec will participate in a University-wide meeting of instructional departments to clarify responsibilities for provision of equal access to library resources.
J. Sloan met with Dena Seidel, Director of Digital Storytelling at Rutgers' Writers House (http://english.rutgers.edu/department/business/contacts/1496-dena-seidel.html), who produced the documentary feature Atlantic Crossing; A Robot's Daring Mission for Rutgers. She has 400 hours (five terabytes) of stock footage from this project, is creating films with students, and is discussing the possibility of a digital repository for Rutgers-produced films, possibly to include RUTV productions, many of which are analog and some of which reside in the University Archives/Special Collections. Seidel works with IT staff from both the School of Arts and Sciences and Mason-Gross School of the Arts. J. Otto will bring this to G. Agnew's attention, as it could overlap with RUcore and raise issues of priorities and capacities.
Isaiah recommended J. Otto touch base with L. Sun about a significant collection of East Asia Society video intended for RUcore. Tao Yang is the coordinator. J. Otto will follow up with L. Sun.
J. Otto will follow up with Jeanne Boyle about agreements needed from video producers (as opposed to persons depicted in the videos).
J. Otto will follow up with G. Agnew about advance planning required for an anticipated migration from NJVid to an RUL streaming platform.
J. Otto will post the "NJVid Commercial Video Service Policies and Procedures, July 1, 2011" document on the Sakai website.
J. Otto will call another meeting of the Ordering Subteam, to include discussion disposition of licenses received at the Media Center, or signed via click-through. (All click-through licenses should be funneled to DTS, where they are worked on with Tom Izbicki. G. Smulewitz has not received any media license agreements; it's unclear where the licenses are going.) [June meeting action item]
J. Otto will discuss Dena Seidel's proposed video repository with G. Agnew, as it could overlap with RUcore and raise issues of priorities and capacities.
J. Otto will follow up with L. Sun about the East Asia Society videos in RUcore.
G. Smulewitz will ask Cathy Pecoraro if she is aware of a linking policy and will forward any information to J. Otto [June meeting action item]