Minutes for November 20, 2013 Meeting
- Kayo Denda, Matt Gallagher, Jane Otto (chair, recorder), Megan Ruszala, Jane Sloan, Gracemary Smulewitz, Mary Beth Weber
- Isaiah Beard, Tibor Purger
Special Media Educational Session
The Team discussed the PowerPoint presentation drafted for the special educational session, and agreed:
- The audience is selectors and Health Sciences colleagues; staff are being invited to provide input
- The scope of this first session will be limited to Commercial Media Offerings
- The meeting would be convened by T. Izbicki; J. Otto will ask him for three meeting dates, in January, February, and March, for Commercial Media Offerings, RUcore services, and Other Services/Review of Services. Noon would be the ideal time, and lunch would be welcome.
- J. Sloan will revise the PowerPoint, incorporating the following:
- Clarify that all selectors can individually place media orders and J. Sloan plays an advisory role
- Clarify what to do when a title is not yet for sale (as can be the case when videos are ordered for an event, rather than the classroom. CTS will place orders only when seller and price are available. When they are not, J. Sloan can advise
- It would be helpful to provide a cheat sheet for video purchasing, noting what is routine and what to watch out for (e.g., PAL vs. NTSC)
- Switch the order of slides 2 and 3, and move the "Media at RUL" slide up.
Media Orders Team
There is still confusion about the role of the Media Orders Team and the use of the Monograph/Firm Order Request form. J. Otto will ask T. Izbicki to place the Media Orders Team fact sheet on the collection development page, and suggest a "Request an order" page, which would include links to information on ordering 1) media (audio or video, physical or streaming), 2) serials, and 3) monographs (print and electronic).
The template is about to be employed for the first time.
J. Otto will request the Cabinet sponsors add J. Sauceda to the Media Team.