Minutes of February 26, 2009 Meeting
- Françoise Puniello (Chair), Marty Kesselman, Connie Wu, Laura Mullen, Rebecca Gardner, Jackie Mardikian, Anne Butman and Bill Puglisi (recorded minutes).
- Valeda Dent, Andy Martinez
- Review draft of document as assembled by Françoise and edit
It was agreed that the Executive Summary would be eliminated and that the target audience for this
document should be potential donors as well as Rutgers Vice President Furmanski and Vice President
and University Librarian Marianne Gaunt.
The wording of the draft was reviewed line-by-line and page-by-page. Some changes were deemed
necessary to reduce redundancies including:
- Revamp the Introduction to incorporate part of the Project Overview
- Remove the line in the opening of the Introduction regarding student statistics
- Remove third of Integration of Science Resources in One Facility and rest of that section to
- Add a Statement of Purpose prior to the introduction - Marty will work on this
- Change "Introduction" to "Rutgers Science Community"
- Change "Library as Supporter of Undergraduate Education" to "Library as Supporter of Science
Françoise will make the necessary corrections and incorporate the changes from Marty
The meeting adjourned at 3:05
Balance of scheduled meetings may be canceled - will handle remainder of correspondence via email