Minutes of December 2002 Meeting
- Elsevier Science Direct issues - FAQ developed and added to AAL FAQs.
- Training -database vendors are being contacted by Jeanne and we will
possibly have 2 training sessions this Spring.
- Open URL Software Committee established - Marty (chair), Ann and Myoung
will meet with Jeanne for the first meeting.
- RUL Web Content Management System Think Tank - held first discussion.
Sam is looking into software, both commercial and open source, that
- CNI (Coalition for Networked Information) Meeting - Jeanne attended and
passed around some materials from the meeting. Some topics of interest
included repositories, online learning where the library builds shells and
modules for teaching faculty to use in their courses
- Cabinet held a retreat with Brent Ruben and is looking to develop a
pulse??? For RUL.
- VRD Conference - Marty, Natalie, and Susan provided info on the sessions
which are now online on the vrd website - www.vrd.com. Lots of sessions
dealt with collaborations, evaluation using transcripts,
confidentiality/privacy, and staffing.
- Reviewed the new ALA RUSA Behavioral Guidelines in draft form that take
into account email and real-time online reference.
- There was discussion to determine if RDS and ILL could be made seamless
in some way as to situations when the book is missing.
- Role of public services in the creation of digital projects - some
discussion on this. Agreement that usability is the major way public
services can provide input. RUL can also provide leadership in the state
for Digital NJ.
- There was some discussion on the need for coordination of instructional
efforts and that some system-wide standardization is needed, in particular
due to the fact that Camden and Newark were hiring instructional