Minutes of October 23, 2003 Meeting
- Boyle (Chair), Beck, (Recorder), Borisovets, Frusciano, J.Gardner, Harrington, Libutti, Montanaro, Sewell, Wenk, Wilson
1. My Rutgers
Joe Percoco, Bill Thompson, RUCS, and Matt Weisnamtel, University Relations demonstrated MYRutgers.
- Ann Montanaro will facilitate tests to determine if the authentication process can be directed through MyRutgers.
- PSC Members were encouraged to look at JASIG (Java Architectures Special Interest Group)
http://www.JA-SIG.org/index.html website to investigate other libraries facilitation of this application.
- Karen Wenk will share the MyRutgers information with WAC
2. AUL Update
- Reported on visit to media studios, we will not be taking over this responsibility or space.
- Instructional Services Committee discussed our future participation in Project SAILS
- A draft for the Request for Proposal for the Communications Audit was distributed for comments.
- Encouraged PSC members to attend the State of the Libraries on November 12, 2003.
- Shared experiences from the New Brunswick Undergraduate Teaching Conference. The libraries participation was well received.
3. More CLIR Statistics.
JEB and SJB shared more data from the Dimensions and Use of the Scholarly Information Environment: Assembled by the Digital
Library Federation and Outsell, Inc. For more information please see:
Once the data set is available from ICSPR we hope to gain additional insights on the use of this data.
4. PSPM 6: Cooperative Agreements
Updated to include our new relationship with PALCI.
5. Goal Action Items
Everyone - The document, List of 2003/04 Goals (Discussed at September 23, 2003 Cabinet meeting) (Revised 10/9/03) were
distributed. Discussion ensued about the goals, which specifically related to PSC.