Minutes of September 23, 1999 Meeting
- Susan Beck; Natalie Borisovets; Jeanne Boyle, chair; Jeris
Cassel; Judy Gardner; Harriette Hemmasi; Ann Montanaro, recorder; Bob
Sewell; Myoung Wilson.
- The meeting was held in the Paul Robeson Library, Camden. Minutes from
the July meeting were corrected to include Tom Frusciano's name as being
- Jeanne made the following announcements
A generalist team has been established to review electronic
networked resources. The members are Susan Beck, Natalie Borisovets, and
Myoung Wilson. RLG is establishing a Public Services Group and Jeanne will
participate. Jeanne and Jeris visited Western Monmouth Higher Education
Center and learned how to use Rutgers' ITV classroom located there. A new
bookmark series is being produced and they will be available at
circulation desks. Digital printer/photocopiers are being reviewed as a
possible solution to networked printing.
- Minutes will be sent to Council members before being distributed.
- The Council reviewed the goals and work plan for 1999-2000. Jeanne
will create two lists - goals to be addressed by PSC and those to be
referred to other councils and committees. At the next meeting Harriette
will provide an update on recon and managing uncataloged resources.
- The Council requested that complete 930 tags be updated for print
- New electronic resources are being added: Brittanica online, Ethnic
Newswatch (from VALE) and Gale Literary Resources (VALE). Four committees
have been established to review the VALE database set-ups and
documentation. Cinahl and ABI are being reviewed by Rutgers librarians.
- The Council recommended dropping OVID's Current Contents when Web of
Science is available.
- Responding to a request for direction, the Council recommended IRIS
journal entries be closed as soon as the cancellation decision is made. It
is not necessary to wait until the final issue is received.
The next meeting on October 28 will be an all-day meeting.